Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Columbus, OH range >

Columbus, OH range

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Columbus, OH range

Old 03-07-2005, 09:19 AM

Default Columbus, OH range

Can anyone recommend an indoor range open to the public weeknights? I'll be spending 2-3 days/week in Columbus this year and I would like to be able to get some shooting in durung the evenings. The closer to downtown Columbus, the better.

Thank you,

Cnase2
Old 03-07-2005, 11:54 AM

Default RE: Columbus, OH range

Chase2 - I ran a thread on this a few days ago; looking for ranges (outdoor or indoor) in the Columbus area. The only thing I got back was info regarding one in Lancaster. Hard to believe there isn't something closer to the city.
Old 03-07-2005, 12:07 PM

Hunohio,

Yes, hard to believe. There is a Mathews dealer in Columbus and I have a call into them to see if they have a range or can direct me to one in the area. I'll let you know what I find out. Sounds like Lancaster is about 35-minutes south of Columbus, but I would really like to find one closer.

Thanks for your response,

Chase2
Old 03-07-2005, 03:55 PM
Fork Horn

there is an indoor range just a little north of sunbury(spelling) between there and centerburge on rt. 3. cant miss it. dont remember the name of the place but it is a hunting and outdoors store. nice range inside. i have been there once about a year ago with a friend just cant remember the name. sorry a little close than lancaster
Old 03-07-2005, 08:08 PM

There is an indoor range in New Albany. I think if you look on the ODNR website, they have a list of shooting ranges. It may be on there.
Old 03-08-2005, 06:24 AM

Teamster & Rob1,

We are getting closer. Looks like Sunbury is about 14 miles from downtown Columbus and New Albany is about 15 miles. It looks like the shop in Sunbury (Hunters Headquarters) is a Mathews dealer.

Thanks for the tips, fellows.

Chase2