HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   reflex? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/92867-reflex.html)

i shoot stuff 03-05-2005 09:44 AM

reflex?

does hoyt make reflex

bigbuck90 03-05-2005 09:47 AM

RE: reflex?

I think so, im purty sure they do.

Double Creek 03-05-2005 10:29 AM

Yes, they are related companies.

hunohio 03-05-2005 02:20 PM

Reflex is owned by Hoyt and the technology used on the Reflex bows comes down from Hoyt. I own a Reflex and have absolutely no complaints.

Rick James 03-05-2005 03:37 PM

What everyone is saying is true, they are owned by hoyt and share a lot of technology. They share a lot of the same riser designs, similar cam and 1/2 tecnology. Their risers I believe are cast though as compared to machined for the Hoyts. They are great bows in my opinion if one can't afford to get into one of the new Diamonds and needs to buy a bow on the next tier down price wise. I think the Reflex is probably the best deal in that price area.

I am right now setting up a budget bow for my father to replace his ancient Bear, and he is going with a Reflex Excursion. We should have it next week. You can buy the thing for $249 at Cabelas now and I think that is a smoking deal for a bow that has the options and the specs this one has. It also should be a very forgiving shooter too with a 8 3/8" brace height and pretty quick for a bow of that brace height. I am hoping to have him in the 260 - 270fps area at 30" of draw, 70lbs, and a 29" GT 75/95 XT. With a Whisker Biscuit, and a Cobra Mini Venom sight, he will have less than 350 in it together before arrows.

I will put up a review when I am done setting it up for him and after we get it tuned.

Cougar Mag 03-05-2005 10:36 PM

As said, more or less Hoyt bows. By the way, some of the Reflex bows do have machined aluminum risers.

nodog 03-06-2005 04:52 AM

ORIGINAL: Rick James

What everyone is saying is true, they are owned by hoyt and share a lot of technology. They share a lot of the same riser designs, similar cam and 1/2 tecnology. Their risers I believe are cast though as compared to machined for the Hoyts. They are great bows in my opinion if one can't afford to get into one of the new Diamonds and needs to buy a bow on the next tier down price wise. I think the Reflex is probably the best deal in that price area.

I am right now setting up a budget bow for my father to replace his ancient Bear, and he is going with a Reflex Excursion. We should have it next week. You can buy the thing for $249 at Cabelas now and I think that is a smoking deal for a bow that has the options and the specs this one has. It also should be a very forgiving shooter too with a 8 3/8" brace height and pretty quick for a bow of that brace height. I am hoping to have him in the 260 - 270fps area at 30" of draw, 70lbs, and a 29" GT 75/95 XT. With a Whisker Biscuit, and a Cobra Mini Venom sight, he will have less than 350 in it together before arrows.

I will put up a review when I am done setting it up for him and after we get it tuned.
God bless you and your dad with many years and many stories. And may God bless you with as good a children as you are to your dad.

T-bird 03-06-2005 08:23 AM

Hoyt bought Reflex a few years ago ---- I've got a Reflex Extreme split limb 2-cam that shoots awesome. It's fast, light, and consistent --- I love it.

2eagles 03-07-2005 03:55 PM

My son just bought a Reflex Buckskin and loves it. He has never shot a bow, but because my other son and I enjoy bowhunting so much, he wanted to give a bow a try. I couldn't see him spending the money I spent on my VTEC, so I suggested a Reflex because they are basically a Hoyt. After less than two weeks, he is shooting different spots on the target at twenty yards because he doesn't want to break his arrows. Seems to be a good bow for him!! :D Jim

nodog 03-07-2005 06:19 PM

ORIGINAL: 2eagles

My son just bought a Reflex Buckskin and loves it. After less than two weeks, he is shooting different spots on the target at twenty yards because he doesn't want to break his arrows. Seems to be a good bow for him!! :D Jim

Smart kid.