Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Quivering

Old 03-04-2005, 05:21 PM

Default Quivering

Please help me decide on a quiver. I am just starting out and going to the range three times a week. At first I thought I wanted to keep the bow clean as possible and wear the arrows. But now, for convenience as much as anything, I'm thinking bow quiver. It's a pain to keep the arrows separate.

This fall I won't be doing anything but spot and stalk.

This seems like a highly personal preference, but I would like to know what any of you prefer. Two piece, detachable, or hip quiver?

Thanks for answers.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Quivering

The Bohning quivers are pretty good and those ones made by PSE are pretty durable I think.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:27 PM
Typical Buck

I use a Kwikee Kwiver and am happy with it. It is detachable, easy on/off and has a thumb screw on it to tighten it down so it doesn't shake too much. I like the detachable ones because when I'm in stand I can take it off so there is less weight to hold and less moving around.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:46 PM

I like my Alpine Soft Lok quiver. It quickly detaches, and its very quiet compared to some others due to the rubber mounts. For target shooting, I like a hip quiver.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:30 PM

Personally, I don't like to shoot with the kwikee quiver on my bow. I don't like the added weight, and I tend to shoot to the right or left (can't remember which) a couple of inches. However, it works well for hunting because I can easily take it off when I get into the stand and hang it on a branch.

However, when I'm on the range or shooting at the house, I end up having to carry my arrows with me, which is a pain in the butt. I just recently purchased a Vista Maverick II back quiver to get around this. Now I carry my arrows on my back whether I'm at the range, hunting, stalking, or just practicing at the house.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:41 PM

I used the Alpine Bear Claw 5-Arrow Quiver this past season and have to say I was impressed. it was light, quiet, and easy to remove. The only drawback I found was how large it is compared to a Kwikee Quiver.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:53 AM

I use a hip quiver for spot & stalk hunting. I don't secure the lower end of the quiver to my thight though, it's only attached to the belt of my fanny pack. This gives the arrows a little more freedom in heavy brush. I tried securing it to my thigh and had problems with arrows catching on brush and falling out of the quiver. Also, when it's secured to your thigh, the knock ends of your arrows are swinging back & forth with every step you take. I thought it was way too much movement for me, so I unstrapped the bottom of the quiver and now it just hangs there. Problem solved.
Old 03-05-2005, 02:15 PM

I use the Alpine Soft Loc for hunting and take it off on stand. For the range or backyard, I just use a cheap hip quiver, which does the job nicely.
Old 03-05-2005, 05:26 PM

Thanks fer all the answers. You guys helped me. I gonna get a detachable, maybe even that Alpine one that attaches to the hip.
Old 03-06-2005, 05:40 AM

in the yard i put my arrows in my back pocket. its a great quiver.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.