Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

arrow length

Old 02-25-2005, 02:55 PM

Default arrow length

I got my draw length shortened 1.25 inches or so today, i am wondering how important arrow length is now since i don't draw back as far and my arrow wouldn't necesarily need to be as long. The arrow (without any tip) sticks out 3 inches past my rest. Will this hurt anything or does it not matter? Do i need to shorten my arrows?
Old 02-25-2005, 03:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: arrow length

First off what type of rest are you using ?if your using a drop away nock your arrow and be sure to leave enough room that your broadhead will clear the front of your riser,you don't want to cut your arrow's and when you draw your broadhead catch's on the front of the riser .The length of your arrow's really matter's when it come's to your rest,as long as your broadhead clear's the riser you can cut it up to 1" in front of your rest.

nubo
Old 02-25-2005, 03:06 PM

it doesn't hurt it's just extra weight [slower arrow but more conetic energy]
Old 02-25-2005, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, a little extra weight and less speed but not that much. Just figuring average arrow and such you're only talking about 3fps if you nock 2" off them. What's more important is whether the spine might get too stiff if they are shorter. I'd try them as they are for now and see. Besides, you now have a shorter draw to get used to. Good luck.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:20 PM

ORIGINAL: QTompkins2005

I got my draw length shortened 1.25 inches or so today, i am wondering how important arrow length is now since i don't draw back as far and my arrow wouldn't necesarily need to be as long. The arrow (without any tip) sticks out 3 inches past my rest. Will this hurt anything or does it not matter? Do i need to shorten my arrows?
Don't know if you need to shorten your arrows but you do need to make sure that they are now the correct spine for you set up.
Every thing you change can or could change the spine of the arrow you need to use better to be safe than sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2005, 03:11 PM

I agree with fastfire. If you bow was tuned before, it is not now. Your arrows are too stiff. if anything you would have to shot a longer arrow to make them weaker.
Old 02-26-2005, 07:03 PM

why would shortening draw length by an inch change what stiffness of arrows you need? The lbage i'm drawing is still the same and the shorter draw length would probably change arrow speed by less than a few ft/second
Old 02-27-2005, 02:16 AM

ORIGINAL: QTompkins2005

why would shortening draw length by an inch change what stiffness of arrows you need? The lbage i'm drawing is still the same and the shorter draw length would probably change arrow speed by less than a few ft/second
Qtompkins2005,
I do not know as i'm not an enginer I just go by what arrow MFD's
give us to work with.
Go to http://www.eastonarchery.com/downloads/
& down load shaft selector & see for your self.
I hope this helps .
Old 02-27-2005, 06:35 AM

You will lose energy. The bow will not be pushing the arrow for 1.5 inches.
Old 02-27-2005, 10:39 AM
Fork Horn

As a general rule of thumb I cut my arrows flush to the end of my riser. This does decrease my fps but it'll give me more kinetic energy. Plus, I won't cut any part of my hand off while shootin my broadheads.

Quick Reply: arrow length

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.