Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Soft Or Hard Case? >

Soft Or Hard Case?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Soft Or Hard Case?

Old 02-22-2005, 11:37 PM
Site Bouncer

Default Soft Or Hard Case?

Which do you prefer?

I have used both but I like the soft case best. I like the kind that have an exterior arrow pocket. Mine also has a smaller exterior pocket for my tackle box.

The hard case probably protects better, but I think they are too heavy and bulky. I still have one but will only use it if I need to travel.

How bout you all?
Old 02-22-2005, 11:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Soft Or Hard Case?

Nothng but a hard case for me.

I can toss it in the back of my truck and not worry about the bow getting damaged, keep my bow stored in it protected, travel with it, keep extra things in it, etc... etc...

Much more versatile than a soft case IMHO and protects so much better too.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

SKA Hard case.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:39 AM

Soft case here. I like the extra protection of the hard case, but when it comes to minimum space required the soft case is essential. You wouldn't think a hard case would be much bigger, but when you pack a truck with a weeks worth of hunting / camping crap that little bit of space can make a big difference.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:40 AM

ORIGINAL: kodiak41226

Soft case here. I like the extra protection of the hard case, but when it comes to minimum space required the soft case is essential. You wouldn't think a hard case would be much bigger, but when you pack a truck with a weeks worth of hunting / camping crap that little bit of space can make a big difference.
Ditto.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:59 AM
Fork Horn

hard case for me
Old 02-23-2005, 05:02 AM
Typical Buck

I have a hard case and would not be without it but I can see where a soft case would come in handy.
Old 02-23-2005, 05:06 AM
Typical Buck

The whole idea of a case is to protect. A hardcase definitely protects better than a soft.
Old 02-23-2005, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I started with a soft case and it worked well but I could (would) never put it in the back of the truck. Things got pretty cluttered in the front seat (dog in back seat). So I got a Plano hard case and really like it. I still carry my quiver with broadheads separate. I don't "trust" the case and clearances - don't want a cut string. Just nervous I guess.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use a soft case but I have to agree with the other's is that the hard case give's you a lot more protection,and the hard case take's up a lot more space .I use my soft case all the time ,but I'm going to purchase a hard case for travelling , and when I have to put it in the back of my truck .

nubo

Quick Reply: Soft Or Hard Case?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.