Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What your dream bow hunt? >

What your dream bow hunt?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What your dream bow hunt?

Old 02-22-2005, 11:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What your dream bow hunt?

New Mexico elk.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

The only thing I could think of that I would possibly enjoy more than hunting elk in the rut would be hunting stag in the rut in New Zeland.

But American elk, I think, would still be my top choice just for the awesome bugling and shows that they can put on.

I don't know all that much about them but I would absolutely love to hunt trophy Ibex and Marco Polo sheep. These two animals are absolutely bueatiful.
Old 02-23-2005, 07:24 AM

Same as Parker1. I also lost my father to cancer, and would love to spend another day afield with him.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:00 AM

me it would be grizzly bear with a recurve i think that would be great

Old 02-23-2005, 09:30 AM

My dream bowhunt would be to hunt whitetails in Kansas, Iowa or Illnois. I know alot of you are probably reading this and thinking I am nuts because that could be done anytime but those are the places I would like to go. And absolutely nothing gets my heart pumping like the whitetail deer. If I had to pick something else it would be a bear hunt.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

It would be moose. I been putting in for the past 5 yrs and I am now starting to accumulate some bonus points so this just might be the year I get drawn. While bowhunting last year I stalked to within 17 yrds of a bull and pulled back at full draw and imagine releasing. I also encountered a cow that I could of shot also. I want a swamp donkey in the worse way. It will just make me appreciate it when I get one that much more. Hope you alls dream hunt comes true. Bobby
Old 02-23-2005, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

micdundee, I don't think you are nuts at all, that's why I asked for your dream bow hunt. Its your desire and there is nothig wrong with that, or with someone else wanting to come west to hunt elk, or go to Alaska for moose or bear. I have desire to someday to hunt huge mulie bucks, and kill a 30" with my bow. In Idaho 20 years ago that dream could have come true, but in todays Idaho a 30" buck is very very rare and becoming extinct. Even for rifle hunters a 30" buck is the ultimate goal, and even then you are just lucky to get to see a buck like that in a lifetime, let alone shoot him. If you went back 20 30 years ago or more and told people that in 30 plus years that a 30" buck would be very rare. I think they would have laughed at you. I guess what I am trying to say is dream about it, and if possible go do it while the dream can still come true. Heck in 20 years down the road it might not be possiable to live out the dreams for all sorts or reasons. Its kind of neat to see what everyones dream is, sorry for carrying on thanks, Jason.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have always wanted to hunt dall sheep with the bow,it would be a rush.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:12 AM

I think a barren ground grizzley would be the cat's ass. It's a matter of putting you arrow where it counts or be eaten. The thoughts of elk at 10,000' up on a mountain gets me all warm and fuzzy inside. I think they'd be a close second.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:37 PM

I plan on going on guided hunts once a year starting in 2008.

In order of desire.

Would love to get a HUGE buck in saskatchewan.............pushing 300lbs and looking more like a bear then a deer []

Elk........for sure. To sit in the early morning mist and hear big bulls bugling has to send chills down your spine.

Caribou.........know a couple guys that have gone and had nothing but great reports.

Bear........never been........want to see what the fuss is about.

When that is all done maybe I will just start over at the top or try something different. Right now that would be my grand slam.

Quick Reply: What your dream bow hunt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.