Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Question for you Hoyt boys?? >

Question for you Hoyt boys??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question for you Hoyt boys??

Old 02-21-2005, 04:25 PM

Default Question for you Hoyt boys??

Today I entered the world of Hoyt, purchased a new '04 Razortec. Well when I got it home, and started drawing it I noticed a "tinging" noise coming from the lower cam1/2. It sounded like if you flicked a rubber band that was streteched very very tight. I didnt notice it in the shop becuase of background noise etc. So I wnet back tot he shop and started looking at all the other Hoyts and they all (05's too)make this little tinging sound. It happens right before you reach full draw and then if you let off slightly and then pull back to full again you can hear it, but it was all the Hoyts. Kind of dissapointed in this and I'm not sure if on a very quiet night deer will hear this. Do you guys know what I am talking about? and is there anythign that can be done?
Old 02-21-2005, 04:58 PM

Default RE: Question for you Hoyt boys??

Recently purchased an Ultrasport and did not notice the noise. I'll have to pay close attention next time I shoot.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:02 PM

Never heard anything like that on mine, sorry.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:03 PM

Sell it and buy a Mathews, your problem will be solved!
Old 02-21-2005, 05:16 PM

I never noticed it until I got the bow home and drew it in a whisper quiet room. Then I heard it.. Now that I have heard it once, I hear it every single time, and like I said, I could hear it on all their new bows as well. Try drawing in a whisper quiet room, and listen to the bottom cam area. I assumed it was my bow, but when I heard it on each of their models, it must be a hoyt thing....
Old 02-21-2005, 05:20 PM
Typical Buck

Iv'e got the same bow, and killed a few with it and never heard any such noise.I't would be interesting troi find out what it is.Keep us posted.If the proshop doesn't help try Hoyt customer service.This is thye first that I have time I have heard of it.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

There's a stop on the lower cam that hits the cable (Hoyts back wall). It does make a noise. I don't think it is any louder than the quitest clothing movement and it could be silenced. I can pull one without making it. I think it is caused by a sticky cable where it hits the stop. It's not like plucking a rubber band it's more like rubbing a streched one. Try some powder where it touches. The velcro on my release (I know) makes more noise.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

rob 1 not a good idea
Old 02-21-2005, 06:47 PM

Just tried my hoyt and did not get any sound out of it at all.Your pro=shop should talk to the rep. if they don't know what's making the sound.
Old 02-21-2005, 06:50 PM

ORIGINAL: rob1

Sell it and buy a Mathews, your problem will be solved!
I will second that. Mathews are da bomb. 5 shot 1 inch groups at 20 yards. I love my switchback

Quick Reply: Question for you Hoyt boys??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.