Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Switchback owners? >

Switchback owners?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Switchback owners?

Old 02-17-2005, 10:05 AM

Default RE: Switchback owners?

The bow shop/range I frequent has sold 30 them. Including one to me, a couple of friends and my sister in-law. No one that I have seen has had any trouble or complaints with the SB.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:09 AM

I think it is up to the individual pro shops, as one in my area was selling this bow for $679 and the one, where I purchased my bow, was selling it for $620.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

For the swithback up here is well over $700 at 3 different shops now that i have checked
Old 02-17-2005, 11:27 AM

They cost about $625 around here.

Now, I have never been a big Mathews fan. There bows just never felt right in my hands! Well, I had a chance to shoot the Switchback and I was very impressed! The bow is smooth, nothing jaw-dropping, but still very good. It was pretty quiet, but that place that this bow shinned was hand-shock. There is hardly anything after the shot. The only thing that I noticed was the bow wanted to pull to the left when I shot it! It wasn't major, but it was there! I think that Switchback is probablly the best Mathews I have shot by a long shot. I still wouldn't buy one, the grip on them still drives me up a wall, but I still think it is a great bow. If they would get a new grip and maybe some higher quality strings, I wouldn't hesistate to think about buying one.

With that said, my sisters boyfriend has one on order and it will be in tommorrow! I will be helping him set it up and tune it, so I can't speak from experience with how the bow tunes yet! From when I shot it, it seemed like a pretty stable platform. It is still a short a.t.a. bow, but with Mathews putting even more parrallel limbs on it, it feels like a longer bow than it is!

As far as the Outback goes, I shot one at the shop side by side with the Switchback and there is just no comparrison. This was the first time I shot the Outback and I had heard last year that it was one of the smoothest bows on the market, I noticed the exact opposite! The Outback seemed to have a very stiff draw cycle. The Switchback has a MUCH smoother draw cycle. I would rank the Outback about average for a single hard-cam bow! I would rate the Switchback above-average for a single hard-cam bow. I wouldn't put it in the class of BowTech's Equalizer and Freedom cam or as the Hoyts Cam and A Half system, but it is close, definetly better than the majority of cam systems on the market.

I would shoot the Outback and Switchback side by side, and maybe go try a few other bows... BowTech Liberty and Allegiance, as well as the Hoyt V-Tec and X-Tec along with some others. Get a feel for each bow and figure out exactly what fits you best! After all, it doesn't matter what name is on the limbs, all that matters is that the bow is comfortable! Whatever bow you get, as long as it fits you, you have made the best decision. Nobody on here can tell you what to get as nobody has the same preferances for how the bow feels. Good luck and let us know what you get!
Old 02-17-2005, 01:29 PM
Fork Horn

Have had my Switch for about a month or so now and have had absolutely no probs with it. I had it tuned and punching bullet holes in 5 shots. I think it's a better bow than the Outback because it's just smoother and faster. Over all it's by far the best bow I've ever owned and/or shot.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:56 PM

Bought my Switchback about 4 days ago. paperized it in about 5 minutes w/a nap 2000 fall away. Sweet shooting bow.
Shot 289fps w/ 393 grain arrow 29@72lbs. NO SHOCK at all....You will not find a better bow.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:59 PM
Fork Horn

TJ....$1,000 before setup??? You got bent! $699 + $250 for sight, rest, etc. <$1,000 out the door.
The SB is the sweetest shooting bow I've ever touched. Shot bullet holes in about 10 minutes.
Killed a 175 lb boar this past weekend w/it.....36 yd double-lung shot and the feathers didn't quite come out the other side. QAD Ultra Rest, Beman 400's, and Muzzy 3-blade 100 gr. broadheads.
He dropped in about 20 yards.
No hand shock is absolutely correct. VERY quiet....Very smooth.
Good luck!

P.S. Tried to upload the jpeg of the boars we killed, but it wouldn't take.
Any suggestions?
Old 02-18-2005, 01:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would rank the Outback about average for a single hard-cam bow! I would rate the Switchback above-average for a single hard-cam bow. I wouldn't put it in the class of BowTech's Equalizer and Freedom cam
I was wondering how long it would take for the Bowtechy in you to come out? You made it three paragraphs , I'm impressed , thats longer than most Bowtechy's would have made it.

TeeJay

Dont feel bad , the Mathews are just as expensive here in Wisconsin and they make the darn things here![:@]
Old 02-18-2005, 09:08 AM

Doug,

These were my opinions based on shooting the new bows this year! Comparing the Equalizer and Freedom cam from BowTech with the Switchbacks cam, the F-Cam and E-Cam are smoother! I am in no way saying that the Switchback isn't smooth, it just didn't feel as smooth to me as the others did! Like I said, I was very impressed with the Switchback. With some minor changes, I wouldn't mind owning one. Heck, I wouldn't mind owning one now (I could always file the grip down and replace the string), but I don't need another bow this year, atleast that is what my wallet is telling me I think Mathews found a winner in the Switchback and their sales this year should show it. So far, it has been the best selling bow in this area!
Old 02-18-2005, 09:15 AM

Anybody that says the Equilizer cam is smoother than the Switchback instantly loses credibility. I shot both side by side. The SB is much smoother draw. I say you need to take off the Bowtech colored glasses.

Quick Reply: Switchback owners?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.