Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Pics of my all-welded lock-ons >

Pics of my all-welded lock-ons

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pics of my all-welded lock-ons

Old 02-16-2005, 08:14 AM

Default RE: Pics of my all-welded lock-ons

They look sturdy. Are they quiet and how is the weight?
Old 02-16-2005, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, it's probably a good thing you don't move them around a lot. they look heavy. Probably very sturdy though. Seems like a lot of hassle to have to take a seat with you every time you hunt.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:41 AM

I think those look awesome. It would be nice to just make about 20 of those and hang them all over the place and then just take the seat along with you and once you get to your stand put the seat up. That is one big platform, looks like something i need with my size 14 shoes. I hate small platforms
Old 02-16-2005, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Adams they are absolutely silent. That's why I went with them. I am a freak about noise when I am in the woods. They weigh (I'm guessing) about 25-30 lbs. I have developed some easy ways of putting them up though and I can put them up pretty quick.

Mike,

They are sturdy and I guess it's a matter of perspective on the hassle of the seat. If you hunt out of a climber a lot (like I do) then it is much much easier than putting up a climber and climbing everytime. Also, I leave seat's out on some of them depending on how much I am hunting them or when I plan on going back to them. The are especially nice for all day hunts.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

They look very spacious too. One of the big problems I have with hang ons is they are usually very small and I'm not crazy about heights. Your stands look like they have plenty of room. I agree about the seat too. Not to mention that no seat will likely be a deterent from someone sitting in one while your not there.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:26 AM

Homemade is the best.Better get a patent.A little big, the more room I have the more I move around and thats a bad thing.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Huntingbry,

They are spacious. They are 30 X 30 or 32 X 32. Also, you are right on the detering people from setting in them. I had a guy that was allowed to hunt on of the properties that I was on tell me he found my stand and didn't like it because he had set in it one day and it wasn't very comfortable. I told him that's why I made them that way so people wouldn't want to hunt my stands.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Better get a patent
Heck I don't want to make any money off of them. I just wanted to show people what I was using incase they wanted to make one of their own. I have had people offer me $150 a piece for them etc. but it's not worth the liability risk of building them for someone and I just refuse to take something that I love to do and make it work and perverting it with money.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:08 PM
Dominant Buck

Good looking stands Silent ,
they look exceptionally well made and strong . Love the huge bottom braces , very confidence inspiring . Those would be great starter stands for someone like me who isn't comfortable off the ground .
Old 02-16-2005, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Kevin. It's a good feeling when you're 30 ft off the ground to know that you have a stand that solid under you. I don't put stands very high that often but it sure makes you feel comfortable when you do.

Quick Reply: Pics of my all-welded lock-ons

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.