Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you think....... >

Do you think.......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you think.......

Old 02-11-2005, 05:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Do you think.......

Well, now this is just speculation of course.

Now lets say you shot a new world record whitetail.

Aside from the monetary changes you would benefit from do you think it would change you as a hunter?

Sure it would change your lifestyle somewhat going to shows and what not but thats not what I am getting at though. What about the hunter inside of you?

Do you think you would still be the same ole' message board junkie?
A much more selective "trophy" hunter?
A know it all self proclaimed whitetail expert?

What do you think?
Old 02-11-2005, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you think.......

If I shot a world record whitetail, I dont think I would ever shoot another buck, unless he was bigger than this one. I wouldnt see the point, I would probly let one of my friends come in and tag the other "shooters". I would definently stay on here, people would be to me.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sure I would still be a message board junkie
Im already selective
Definately not for being lucky to be in the right place at the right time

Actually I would be everyones envy and everyone would bow down to the whitetail expert GOD.I would be on these forums throwing around all my knowledge,everyone would listen,jealousy would be unbelievable,but I can take it,I'm a big boy-----now everyone bow down to your new MASTER

I think it would change everyone to a point.Money can do strange things to people.
I think my head would be a little big for a while,BUT,I do know that im not a whitetail expert.I would go out every year and try to get one bigger but we all know the odds of this happening.
If I shot a world record whitetail, I dont think I would ever shoot another buck, unless he was bigger than this one. I wouldnt see the point,
So what your saying is you never shot a smaller one a year after getting a bigger one or they are getting bigger and better every year.

I would still be the same whitetail deer addict as usual,going into the woods every year trying to tag an ever elusive whitetail.
Old 02-11-2005, 06:06 PM

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

Well, now this is just speculation of course.

Now lets say you shot a new world record whitetail.

Aside from the monetary changes you would benefit from do you think it would change you as a hunter?

Sure it would change your lifestyle somewhat going to shows and what not but thats not what I am getting at though. What about the hunter inside of you?

What do you think?
I would probably change in my ways of thinking when I was out hunting, yes. Nothing would compare to my world record buck. The would all be small compared to it.

I would still come visit all of you though. Just to brag though. Nothing else.

I'm sure as much as we would all NOT like to, we would all change.
Old 02-11-2005, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

The rest would just be considered small, and pointless to me. I would much rather see one of my friends get him a good one.
Old 02-11-2005, 06:11 PM

I would try and remain the same hunter and be a boards junkie. I would not be a know it all, or a self proclaimed whitetail expert. The reason being I feel that killing a new world record whitetail buck involves some luck, so by no means would I ever consider myself an expert. I said I would be the same board junkie but after thinking about it it may be hard, because I think people on here would treat me different, which in turn I may react different. I don't know, I guess we will find out this fall when I kill the new world record.
Old 02-11-2005, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love hunting too much. If I were to ever shoot a world record buck, I'd continue to hunt the same way. I'm not out there looking for that world record, but if he steps out and I can maintain my composure and actually take him, I'd still take any but that I cosider a shooter no matter. I ain't in it for the horns. In the county where I hunt in Texas you van shoot 5 deer, no more than 2 can be bucks. 5 does are perfectly legal, and I have no problem shooting 5 does in a season. I'm just as happy at the end of season and look forward to the next year with a lot of anticipation.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would consider myself one lucky SOB. Sure I would be the same ole me. You know it is not possible to polish a turd!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2005, 10:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd hope that my personality wouldn't change too much because, I like people and I know all too well that the sport of hunting has a considerable amount of luck involved .I've seen many people who have taken very nice buck's while I'm struggling at time's just to see a deer.I certainly would know that next season my chance's of recording a buck of that magnitude would be very slim . But of course the popularity come's with such a fine feat and there's lot's of hunt's that a person wouldn't normally take, that would come as prizes and perk's so just maybe you would get that chance to up the ante .But I'd still hunt the same as usual and I'd come to visit when ever I could . This site is the best and has some excellent people who frequent this forum I consider alot of you guy's as my friend's so I'd be here when ever I had the time .
I'd have to consider myself the same ole Message board Junkie .

nubo
Old 02-12-2005, 12:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nope, Wouldn't change me one bit if I shot a record book whitetail. Cuz I'd be too busy chasing my elk every year! In all honesty, I do dream of harvesting a record book bull. That would be top in my book. If by chance a miracle some day happens, and that dream comes true, in no way would I change my hunting style or my goals. And the fact that a young spike bull elk or a yearling cow elk is dang good eats!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.