Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Time for a new bow.. >

Time for a new bow..

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Time for a new bow..

Old 02-12-2005, 06:53 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Time for a new bow..

The local Gander here has a nice range & a good pro on staff ,quality bow set up & shooting tips.
Have you seen /shot the PSE vengeance? good luck!
http://www.pse-archery.com/
Old 02-12-2005, 07:17 PM
Fork Horn

Well tried out several bows today and after using my old ancient Golden Eagle i've developed a mind set for a "Bowtech" ,,Man!!,, after the first few drawings and firing that bow i was blown away,,could not believe how smooth it performed,,now i understand where the"wall" comes from since that feature in my older bow was essentially non existant those Bowtechs performed flawless,,rock solid,,i tested the Patriot and then the Defender which both being very nice but the Patriot i though was a little more to my fitting in all aspects and what blew my mind is that they are made in my home State.

..yeah,,i'm pretty much gonna go for a Bowtech.
Old 02-12-2005, 10:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: idahoelkinstructor

BGfisher, thanks for the info. Thats realy good to hear that Gander Mountain is still in business. I have a lot of memories look pouring over that catalog, do they have a catalog again? Sadly I did know that the Golden Eagle line was taken over and discontinued by Bear. Not saying Bear makes a bad product, but being that Golden Eagle was what I learned to bowhunt with, it has a special place in my heart. And you could bet if they were around today, I would still consider buying from them.

idaho, you don't happen to live anywhere near Idaho do you???? Hey guy, Gander has a website you can look at, but there's nothing much on it, at least the last time I looked. From what I remember our manager saying, Gander sold the catalog sales rights to Cabelas about 8 years ago, and it was a ten year deal. So maybe, just maybe they'll go catalog again in two more years. Gander, I think, is stretching things thin with all the building, but we'll see. They built 11 new stores last year and I think it's going to be 8 this year. At least they are expanding. And what they are doing right is building medium sized stores in good areas. And I too remember the catalog I had way back when.

The reason I know about what happened to Golden Eagle is because I shot for them from 1997 to 1999. There was a year left on my contract, but you know what happens when a new owner comes along. All Bear could think of is cutting expenses, and I was one of them. I'm not bitter. I moved onto better things, but I just think it's very sad what a bunch of INVESTORS can do to some tried and true companies.
Old 02-12-2005, 11:01 PM

You've gotten lots of good advice and the best has been shoot alot of bows before you decide. There are so many great bows out there today and no matter what one guy likes you might like the feel of something different. My brother-in-law just bought the Switchback and he is very pleased with it. I on the other had bought the Bowtech Allegiance and like it equally. So don't sell yourself short and shoot alot of bows before you decide. When you shoot the right one you'll know it and it might not neccesarily be the most expensive one. I know some guys that have shot all bows and wound up shooting what is considered a lesser bow (by whos standards I don't know) because it felt the best.GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR DECISION.
Old 02-13-2005, 04:08 PM
Fork Horn

..and i}} can't get it out of my } head }} (Bowtech)

.. no0} i can't get it out of my head
_ELO

..now for some cobra sidewinders {{mystic camos}}
Old 02-13-2005, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

w/b and copper john are on my bow and get hoyt
Old 02-13-2005, 05:22 PM
Fork Horn

..have you've ever been up in your climber /stand and of all of a sudden your shot comes into view}} ..it all comes to a second window.. -------->
Old 02-13-2005, 05:31 PM
Fork Horn

..when your strikin' for deer it's one thing;;

..but for elk,,it's another
Old 02-13-2005, 07:12 PM

pse triton has some good specs
Old 02-13-2005, 07:28 PM
Fork Horn

eeii}eee aahh }}..

. (# 1)get on that cow call and keep workin' em in closer ..

..(#2 ) ..shh } (shut up) ,,you gotta keep low},,Hey,,whisper}}.. they can hear you 200yds. out..

Quick Reply: Time for a new bow..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.