Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Quivers

Old 02-10-2005, 03:07 AM

Default Quivers

How many of you shoot with a quiver attached? I have not practiced with my quiver attached and don't plan on shooting that way. I think the quiver is a good idea for someone who stalks, but for a stand shooter, unless you have very limited space, why not just put your quiver aside?

I have the Axis 360 quiver by TruGlo. It's fine for the new carbon arrows I have, but my older XX75s were hard to quiver in that thing. Regardless, I think I might like a different quiver. This one was part of the package when I purchased the bow from a friend. Any suggestions on quivers? I probably could use a smaller one, probably don't need 6 arrows in my stand at once.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:35 AM

Default RE: Quivers

I have a Kwikee quiver, and it works great. I just attach it to my bow while on the way to the stand and detach it when I get there. I generally do not shoot with it on the bow while I practice. Both Aluminum's and carbons seem to stay in the quiver just fine, and it has a rubber type substance that the b-heads or fieldpoints fit into and dont' rattle.

However, when I go for a new quiver I will probably buy a back quiver even though it's a little pricey.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have two Alpine Soft Lock quivers that have been great. No problems what-so-ever. Check them out.
Old 02-10-2005, 09:24 AM

I have a PSE two piece 4 arrow quiver attached to my Firestorm. It's sleek, rock solid and weighs virtually nothing. To be honest I never really notice that it's on my bow when I'm shooting nor do I get any additional vibration or noise from it.

It really comes down to personal preference. I like knowing that my quiver and arrows are there if I need them. Should I get a shot at a double or heaven forbid need a second arrow it's right there and the arrow will be on my string while most people are still reaching for their quivers. To each his own I guess.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:06 PM
Fork Horn

I have two Alpine Soft Lock quivers that have been great. No problems what-so-ever. Check them out.
I also have an Alpine Archery soft lock quiver. My dealer tryed to sell me a matching Mathews 2 piece quiver for my Switch, but I liked the 3 arrow soft lock. If I need more than 3 arrows to harvest a deer I'm in bad shape. Like the military sniper moto says "one shot one kill". I hunt with my quiver on. It's small and not in the way.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:20 PM

I always take my quiver off in the stand but put it were you can reach it never know when you might get a second shot.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:27 PM

I like the Alpine quivers but I saw a new Trophy Ridge detachable quiver that is coming out. I might give it a try this year.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Tru glow has a new quiver coming out that will be worth waiting for. Its very slim and light weight and has integrated dampening materials molded into the bracket.

Wait for this one before you buy a detachable quiver.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

I like a quiver that holds the arrow in two places on the shaft with nothing in the head.
Old 02-11-2005, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Alpine softloc quiver. The heavier my bow is the steadier I am. The Alpine softloc is heavy and helps me shoot steadier because of that. So I shoot with my quiver on. I think it is alot easier because you dont need to worry about dropping it in the dirt or finding a place to put it. So those are my 2 reasons I shoot with my quiver on.

Quick Reply: Quivers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.