Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bow bi-pod

Old 02-08-2005, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default bow bi-pod

didn't get any response on the review board, so i'll try it here

Have people seen this? If so, what do you think? For reference, it appears on the 1st few pages of the new Cabelas turkey catalog. Here is another link:

http://bowonlyoutdoors.com/

and here's another model:

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/shop...oducts_id=1201

I saw these at the PA Outdoor show - they were on bows with long stabilizers and I didn't think they would work too good on a hunting bow (with short ~8") stabilizer?
Old 02-08-2005, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bow bi-pod

Well, it disqualifies you from P&Y, if that matters to you.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:20 AM
Dominant Buck

It looks like it belongs on a gun ,
same as scopes , lasers , and red dots .
Old 02-08-2005, 08:32 AM

Two problems for hunting:
1) it leaves your bottom cam in the dirt which is not a great idea for long string life.
2) it can easily catch on brush or the sides of my ground blind which is not a good idea for being quiet while hunting.

I also saw it at the Harrisburg show and handled the bow that had it. It could be ok for some, but not for me and my style of hunting.

Good luck
Allen
Old 02-08-2005, 08:53 AM

should be on a gun not bow
Old 02-08-2005, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I sure would never use it, one the the worst things you can do to a bow is have it resting on its cam in the dirt. If the ground is wet at all that only makes it worse. I suppose that if you shot indoors a lot on a clean floor that it could work for ya. But at all the indoor archery ranges I have ever been too they have the bow racks that are designed to rest the bow on its limbs, so as to not hurt the cams.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Doughboy

I don't really see anything wrong with that setup. If you're hunting from the ground, you always have issues raising your bow before draw. This keeps your bow upright and minimizes movement. I might get one for spring turkey hunting.

As for the cam in the dirt, it's not like you're smashing it on a grinding wheel or hacking at it with razor blades, it's simply resting on the ground. Some people refuse to treat a hunting rig the way it's meant to be treated. If you don't mind having some mud or grass on your string, and you don't do anything really stupid, resting it on that bipod will be harmless for hunting purposes.

Worst case: every year or two, you'll have to get some string work done, which you probably do anyway.

Trust me, your bow can handle setting on those little bipods without suffering irreparable harm.

Every time you lower your bow from your treestand, your bottom cam whacks into the ground. If you look at it, you'll find dirt and debris bound up into the cam and strings. It's harmless.

I wouldn't recommend it if you're trying to win an archery world championship, but it's fine for filling tags.
Old 02-08-2005, 02:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wow, I never realized I wasn't supposed to rest my hunting rig on the cam barried in dirt and leaves. Maybe that explains why the string on my Mathews has lasted over 2 seasons since I last changed it. My hunting bow is my target bow. And if it get droped in the mud, or in a creek like it has in the past, I wipe it of with my glove or my pantleg and continue on. My bow was bought in 01 and it deffinatley looks older than that. My bow isn't made for looking pretty. It is made for getting the job done, and if it gets stuck in the mud in the process....so be it.

With that being said....the bipod looks like a great idea if it fits into your style of hunting.

And the little attachment rail does not d.q. you for P&Y if you have a camera on it. Actually it looks like a very good way to mount a camera on a bow rather than strapping it to the stabilizer or something.
Old 02-08-2005, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks for the info. not worried about it resting on the ground - it does now anyway when i'm hunting on ground. my main concern is that it appears to be permantently mounted on the bow, which could effect shooting and movement. I would really like something simple that would "prop" under the stabilizer and "fall" when bow is picked up.
Old 02-08-2005, 02:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have a BOW POD that I use on my 3d bow.

You have to take it OFF before you shoot.

The plus is you dont have to lay your bow on the ground and having some idiot step on your bow when you retrieve your arrows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.