Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bow Hunter Observation. >

Bow Hunter Observation.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow Hunter Observation.

Old 02-08-2005, 12:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bow Hunter Observation.

I find it intresting that if you own bow at the top of the line you are either praised or booed. Meaning people will come out of nowhere to tell you "WOW that is a awesome bow you are shooting". Or they say "man for the money you spent on that bow, you could have bought a brand X, I am shooting brandX and I have shot your bow and my brand X is so much better". To prove my point, just look at the on going debate with BowTech and Mathews here in the bow forum. Both IMO are very good top of the line bows and a new bow owner can't go wrong with buying either. But yet some hunters seem to think that unless you shoot a BowTech or a Mathews then you are just missing out on the ULTIMATE BOW by not owning and shooting the other brand. I have even heard more than once in different pro-shops hunters say, "well we don't let anyone shooting of those XBrand bows into are camp"! Some I knew were joking, and others I wasn't quite sure because of the level of seriousness. Either way I find it funny. Then if we look at the other end of the spectrucm at the lower end bows us hunters have nothing but praise. If a bowhunter only has a little bit of money to spend, they buy a lesser brand than the Top of the line brand X bows. Or they buy a less expensive bow in the brandX line or a package bow out of a catalog such as Cabelas, or Bass Pro. Then we fellow hunters always say "Wow that's a awesome bow for the money and you'll realy like it becasue its a sweet shooter, and it only costs $200 to $300 or so and that such a great deal". You all know what I mean, it happens all the time! I am not saying it is wrong with it either. All I am saying is that in my personal observation I just find it funny and interesting. How about you?
Old 02-08-2005, 12:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Bow Hunter Observation.

Yep, you're right. Seems the people that shoot the lesser expensive bows are just in it for the joy of archery and archery hunting. Then when you get to the guys that spend the money on the top of the line bows and accessories they seem to take it much more seriously as far as brands are concerned. I guess if they spend $600 or more on a bow and $100 or more on sights, rests, quivers, etc... they figure they sure as heck must have bought the best one made and will tell everyone about it.

BTW, the Mathews switchback sucks.
Old 02-08-2005, 12:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

You tell him, Bigbulls!!! LOL
Old 02-08-2005, 09:59 AM

HO[8D]Y[:'(]T
Old 02-08-2005, 10:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

I buy top of the line flea market and yard sale everything. Got almost a new pair of Nike sneekers for 25 cents
Old 02-08-2005, 10:34 AM
Fork Horn

Does anyone remember High Counrty Bows?? That is what I shoot!
Old 02-08-2005, 11:53 AM

i totaly agree with the ongoing "my bow is better than yours"i think it is rediculous, the only thing that i will say though although mathews and bowtech are both great bows, mathes does have a way of trying to brainwash people in to thinking that they revolutionized something that they did not change at all, or t hat you are at a HUGE disadvantage if you were not shooting a mathews, i was one of the victims to this untill recently but no matter how much you spend on a bow, what matters is were all getting the enjoyment of watching that aarow fly through the air, and if were lucky enough to take an animal with the most primitave weapon on earth!
Old 02-08-2005, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

All of this just proves that MARKETING is and always will be money well spent for any company. The same thing happens in the firearms community with the rem vs win vs ruger blah blah blah..... In the end you want your arrow to hit its mark as accurately and as fast as possible. Most modern bows will do thier part as long as you can do yours.
Old 02-08-2005, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bowhunting has it's gear heads just like any other hobby. I've seen guys replace perfectly good, mostly new, highly expensive equipment trying to get 15 more fps. The tweaking is really what they love, bow shooting just gives them the excuse. They are usually the ones who will die defending their brand and running down the competition. I've seen the same thing in electronics and cars. I think it comes from having too much opinion (and money) and not enough sense.

Does anyone remember High Counrty Bows?? That is what I shoot!
Didn't they go through restructuring of their company? They used to be quite the bow but I think the company imploded.
Old 02-08-2005, 01:53 PM

i shoot pse and i love them

Quick Reply: Bow Hunter Observation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.