Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 digital game cameras >

digital game cameras

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

digital game cameras

Old 02-05-2005, 05:21 PM

Default digital game cameras

looking at buying a digital game camera and was wanting some recommendations. I'm looking at the cuddeback, leaf river or moultrie. Any suggestions or comments good or bad would be appreciated. thanks.
Old 02-05-2005, 11:26 PM

Default RE: digital game cameras

All those brands/models you listed are too expensive. You can find used cameras on E-Bay for around $100 and they do the same as the more expensive cameras listed for $400-$500.
Old 02-05-2005, 11:32 PM

[link]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=52505&item=7133015 952&rd=1[/link]
Old 02-06-2005, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have 2 cuddebacks. They are awesome. I had 2 old moultrie cameras and had nothing but trouble with them. They would fix them but it seemed like every other week they were sent out.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:39 AM

dont own one but i hear cudde's are good.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've owned a few different digi cams. The Stealth SUCKS.... cheap battery eating JUNK! I would suggest you stay well clear of that thing! The Cuddebacks are good units and I had two of them and they worked well. They lack a littel in overal control and set-up ease plus the image isn't the highest quality either. IMHO, the Leaf River units are a MUCH better cams. These LR units have much better and easier controls and the image quality is also much more impressive. The battery life is alos a full month longer than even the Cuddebacks! Plus with the LR, you don't have to pay for all of the extra advertising and commercials, you just pay for the pruduct! Thus, the LR is a best buy. You can save $$$ by getting one through Jesses Hunting page!
Old 02-07-2005, 05:32 AM

thanks for the input. I'm hoping there wil be some after hunting sales soon.
Old 02-07-2005, 06:22 AM

I second the Leaf River. I got one for Christmas and after 1 1/2 months and about 800 pics the batteries are still good. Great pictures also.
Old 02-07-2005, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Il-Cornfed, can you say what make of camera comes in the Leaf River DC-2 Digital Trail Cam?
Does 'Leaf River' have a web site?
Thanks in advance.
Old 02-07-2005, 06:53 AM

ORIGINAL: IL-Cornfed

I've owned a few different digi cams. The Stealth SUCKS.... cheap battery eating JUNK! I would suggest you stay well clear of that thing!
Thanks IL,

You just saved me some Carpal tunnel. Take it from a stealth owner, aviod it like the plague!

Quick Reply: digital game cameras

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.