Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 feelings on slick trick heads >

feelings on slick trick heads

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

feelings on slick trick heads

Old 02-02-2005, 07:57 PM

Default feelings on slick trick heads

how do you feel about the slick trick heads...If i switch to a four blade head can I still use a 3 fletched arrow.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: feelings on slick trick heads

I don't see why not....
Hope things are well in Wyoming!
By the way, in my PM I told you that my family was from Cheyene...the other half is from Lander.
Good luck!
Old 02-02-2005, 08:04 PM

thanks...everything is good here in Wyoming..hope your family is well in the southern part of the state.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

IMHO the slick trisk is about the best broadhead made today. I use the 125 and the performance of these is outstanding. From flight and accuracy to excelent penetration to awesome blood trails. You can't beat them.

See your other thread about the fletching question.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:18 PM

I agree with Bigbulls, slicktricks are one of the best broadheads on the market. I usethe 100 grain heads and this hunting season the performed flawlessly.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bigbulls is right on. They are the finest heads I have ever used. Excellent flight, penetration and blood trails.
Old 02-03-2005, 03:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes you can still use 3 fletch arrows, and they are one of the better heads on the market.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:21 AM

Don't ask me, I guess I am the only guy around that had a bad experience with them......[:'(]

Overall they seemed to be a good head. I LOVED the blades and the configuration, very clever. I had 2 break in half after hitting the shoulder "bone" in my 3D target. This was the first day I got them and it really pissed me off. I think the combination of the Axis arrow design and the solid hit did them in. I went back to old faithful, Muzzy.

That reminds me...... I was supposed to send Silent my extra blades............Will do soon....
Old 02-03-2005, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

IMO the Slick Trick BH really flies like a field point. I have enjoyed shooting these broadheads. The blood trail starts almost at the point of impact and providing the shot placement is good that trail ends a short way from your stand.
My arrow is fletched with 3 ~ 4" NAP Quikspin vanes, including the ST 100 grain heads with 27.25" (length), the total shaft weights 372 grains. With a DW of 55 # and speed of 262 fps.
I've only started using these heads in November of 2004, and on both of my kills (deer) achieved pass thru and recovered them within 80 yards from my stand.
Learnt about them from a buddy of mine, who also shoots a 55 # bow and have harvested moose. His last moose was shot at 52 yards, with a pass thru and the moose fell within sight of his stand.
I would say the heads work pretty well with just a 1-1/8" cutting diameter--(entrance) the exit is quite bigger.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

I had 2 break in half after hitting the shoulder "bone" in my 3D target.
I thought it hit the metal?

Both hit were low the shoulder, where the rod is. I suspect the rod was the culprit,

Although I have not used them on game yet, I have shot them quite a bit this year. They are very accurate, and very sharp. The blades on the heads I bought are almost twice as thick as a muzzy, but IMO sharper out of the pack.

And yes, you can shoot a four bladed head with a three fletched arrow. I always make sure that the blades are lined up so they come off the bow the same way. But others have said that doesn't really matter. Can't hurt though.

I may give them the cast iron test sometime.

Quick Reply: feelings on slick trick heads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.