Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Where do you practice? >

Where do you practice?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Where do you practice?

Old 02-02-2005, 07:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Where do you practice?

I live in town, and I cant shoot my bow in town, and even if it was not against the law, I just wouldnt have the room. We don t have a range anywhere near my home, and I dont know many people that live in the country that would let me shoot at their place. Any suggestions, on what I can do to get some practice in? I would really like to be able to shoot a few arrows every day.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:28 PM

Default RE: Where do you practice?

I shoot in my backyard. I live in a neighborhood. There are 3 houses on each side that have wooden fences. The fences connect to each other giving me room for up to 75 yards. I usually stand in the road and shoot 55 though!
Old 02-02-2005, 07:30 PM

I have the luxury of a bow shop with an indoor range nearby. This may not be ideal for you, however check the yellow pages and see if there is not not nearby you.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:32 PM
Typical Buck

I practiced in the yard when I lived in town all the time.

I always put the back stop toward my own house or garage and shot. Figured if I tear up my own stuff it's nobody else's business. They must have felt the same because I never heard a complaint in any neighborhood I lived in.

You'd be surprised how much more selective you are about your shot selection. Does a live animal desearve any less?
Old 02-02-2005, 07:57 PM
Dominant Buck

I have some property and shoot in my backyard. I'm going to bait this year and tag out here locally just to get even with the darn deer for eating my shrubury.

I have a good friend who lives in the middle of town with very little lot for a backyard. He has a tree right in the middle with a board for stand at about 15' He shoots 10 and 15 yrds max. Any more and he would be shooting into the neighbors house. Is that tight enough?
Old 02-02-2005, 07:58 PM
Fork Horn

I live on a couple of acres, so we have plenty of room to shoot. I have 6 children, though...so rarely do I find myself with time to practice before bedtime. Here's how I make it work. My driveway is 40 yards long. I have a Hydra-Lift basketball goal at the end of said driveway...and it has an overhead light (to light up the basketball court). I simply plug it in...to light up my Block....and turn on the Afterburner on my Copper John Dead Nuts Pro. Presto-chango...a lighted, outdoor range. It's a little tough from 40 yards, but 30 and 20 are no problem.
Night-night..kids!!!
Good luck!

P.S. In my last house, I found out that if I put my Block in the hall bathroom, and shot from the counter in the kitchen, I could get 18 yards. As long as mama wasn't home, it was good enough for me!!!!!!
Old 02-02-2005, 09:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good bow shooting is a result of good form. I have plenty of places to shoot, but choose to do my best practicing at about 10 ft.
Old 02-03-2005, 04:35 AM

Wow, I now feel really fortunate to live where I do....on about 130 acres of land. No problem shooting in my front yard, backhard, side yards...I couldnt' imagine having to try to shoot in the house [:-]

THere is also a range about 10 minutes from where I work and go to school that I can shoot at.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

In the yard.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

For now, the gun club. Can't shoot where I live because I don't own the property. Half hour ride, only get practice in once/week this time of year.

Quick Reply: Where do you practice?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.