" />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hey scent control freaks ! >

Hey scent control freaks !

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hey scent control freaks !

Old 02-01-2005, 12:58 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Hey scent control freaks !

No Stinkin' Breath

Worried about having sweet breath in the deer woods ?
Old 02-01-2005, 01:52 PM

Default RE: Hey scent control freaks !

let me tell you something about scent control....It is one of the most overrated sales pitches i've ever seen..Dont get me wrong If a critter smells you then the game is over..On that same tolken, If the wind shifts into an animals favor,It doesn't matter how much scent lock you think you need to wear and sweat in....They are going to smell you..You think saxton pope or art young had scent control???Or how about the indians???I say hunt hard always know what the wind is doing use the topogaphry and dont buy in to all the scent gimics..
Old 02-01-2005, 02:00 PM

You should always hunt the wind anyway. Scent Blocker clothing just gives you more of an advantage. I am a believer, i had my whole suit on and had 8 does standing 40 yds away from me downwind, the sat there for about 20 mins eating and as soon as they wernt watching i took off the headnet and about 1 min. later the flags went up and the started snorting and took off. You can say what you want but if you try one you will never go into the woods without it.
Giant Nontypical

On the other hand Saxton Pope and Art Young didn't have a compound that could shoot a hunting weight arrow 300 fps and the Indians often killed their game with multiple shots. If you're a traditional purist that's fine, I respect your commitment, but I'm going to give myself every advantage possible. I know some products are gimmicks, but some do tip the scales slightly in your favor, so I'll use those.

Kevin1, that's a good find. I guess you could also use that thing to disguise yourself as a duck and stalk up to the deer quacking. I remember a number of years back Golden Eagle had Breath Away gum. I bought a pack to see what it would taste like. It wasn't bad, kind of like vanilla. I doubt it helped me see any more deer though.

ELKCRAZDFRK, my thoughts exactly.
Old 02-01-2005, 02:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

let me tell you something about scent control....It is one of the most overrated sales pitches i've ever seen..Dont get me wrong If a critter smells you then the game is over..On that same tolken, If the wind shifts into an animals favor,It doesn't matter how much scent lock you think you need to wear and sweat in....They are going to smell you.
its all about the wind
Old 02-01-2005, 02:17 PM

how the heck would you anchor properly dressed up as donald duck quack quack quack. I wonder what bucks would think if they seen a giant duck sitting up in a tree.
Old 02-01-2005, 02:28 PM
Dominant Buck

I do love reelin' 'em in !
Here fishy , fishy , fishy !
Old 02-01-2005, 03:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

ain't that the man behind you, looks like your over the limit again
Old 02-01-2005, 03:18 PM

They work!!! They work!!! They really work!!!

at least I hope they do.........[][:-][:'(]

Quick Reply: Hey scent control freaks !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.