Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 pro shop dropping bowtech >

pro shop dropping bowtech

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

pro shop dropping bowtech

Old 02-08-2005, 02:41 PM

Default RE: pro shop dropping bowtech

At the Pro shop where I bought my Switchback I asked how the Bowtechs were selling and he told me that in the last year he sold 200 Mathews bows and 35 other bows, which includes the Bowtechs. I was a little surprised, as I shot the Allegiance in a side by side comparison to the Switchback in order to decide which to buy and it was a very nice bow and a hard decision to make. Another thing that surprised me was that he was selling the Switchback for $629 and the Allegiance for $669. Thought the prices would be closer than a $40 spread in favor of the Bowtech.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:40 PM

Thanks Il-cornfed, I didn't start this thread to bash any bow company nor do I think anyone has bashed a company, I was just tryiny to understan why the guy would not sell me one. I asked for the allegiance specically and he said he was planing to drop them. If I owned the shop I would have asked for the money or at least part of it and ordered the bow.
Old 02-08-2005, 04:29 PM
Dominant Buck

MGMan... the shop you shop at pushes the Mathews more than likely. It has the highest built in profit margin of any bow on the street. PLUS, they give exclusive territories. If he can convince someone the Mathews is better it prevents him from having to beat or match prices(no competition). 200 bows in a year is not a lot either. I suspect he's getting pressure from Mathews to sell more. By pushing Mathews he doesn't have to fight Cabelas, Bass Pro and all the mail order either.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

MGMan... the shop you shop at pushes the Mathews more than likely. It has the highest built in profit margin of any bow on the street.
David , when you say "highest built in profit margin" what exactly do you mean? Just curious because the shop I frequent sells both Mathews and Bowtech (and Hoyt) and they couldn't be any closer in price. In fact I see the same prices on the Mathews at a different shop in another territory.

Do you mean that the proshop owner has a decision to make , he can either benefit from Mathews high profit margin by selling his bows at MSRP or he can lower the prices (to beat other shops) and still make a good profit.

Or do you mean Mathews makes more of a profit off their bows than anyone else? And if thats the case I'm curious how you would know that.[&:]
Old 02-11-2005, 05:44 PM
Fork Horn

don't know if this is true are not but the local bowtech dealer around here has told some people he considered adding mathews to his line and bowtech said no they don't want to be sold side by side with mathews.but i didn't hear this first hand.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:36 PM
Super Moderator

Its funny how regions affect what sells. In my area Matthews and Hoyt lead the way, and neither of the 2 biggest shops carry Bowtech. I've mentioned this fact to both shops and they sidetrack my questions. Both sell lots of Matthews bows. Perhaps because Bowtech is only 6 yrs. old, I have a suspicion they may be getting orders as fast or faster they can build their bows.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:45 PM

Around here the shops that do carry Bowtech sell them darn close to MSRP and the Mathews are often significantly cheaper, like 80 bucks for a Switchback vs an Allegience...I don't know why but many of the dealers that carry Bowtech are known as the more expensive dealers in the area whether they are selling Bowtech or PSE or Parker. Mathews seems to be dominate with the people I shoot with too.. Hoyt seems to be popular as well but Bowtech is starting to make some inroads.. Not to many people shoot the Oneida or the Darton like I do.
Old 02-12-2005, 04:27 AM

Went into my shop where I am buying my bow and they carry 5 lines. Hoyt outsells the others 2 to 1.