Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 260" nontypical pictures ....... KDFW siezed >

260" nontypical pictures ....... KDFW siezed

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

260" nontypical pictures ....... KDFW siezed

Old 01-24-2005, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 260" nontypical pictures ....... KDFW siezed

The KS sportsman have truly been robbed on that one! [:@] What an absolutely tremendous animal!!!! [:-]
Old 01-24-2005, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw an article in our local paper about a 260 class buck that was taken this year but they had no pictures to go with it as the hunter had sold the story to an outdoor magazine. Makes me wonder if it is the same buck. Two 260s in one year would be to much to expect from any one state. The story that accompanied was about an individual that spotted the deer while out working fence or something and he put a stalk on it. It also was his first deer with a bow. Starting to sound a little fishy to me based on the above post. If anyone knows any more about either story I would like to hear it.
kansaswiderack, here is the buck you were talking about, killed by Leavenworth, along with the story. That makes 2 bucks in the 260 class to be taken this year here in KS. This one scored 266 2/8 green. Should be new record. After talking to more people about it, the deer was sick, that's why the guy was able to spot it on the 4-wheeler, drive home get his bow, stalk up to it was normal clothes, and then arrow it. I've heard a lot of people tell me that same thing, who's actually talked to the guy. Here's the story in the newspaper though about it.

That's sucks that that Big Brute in the first picture was poached. I agree with whoever said, if you're caught poaching then you should have your hunting rights provoke for that state for life!

http://www.leavenworthtimes.com/arti...ts/sports2.txt
Old 01-24-2005, 12:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Datamax
Well, the deer HUNT was ethical enough. He was just using his Dad's landowner tag from what I understand to escape the way the units are set up or something like that. Also, I was wrong, its a rifle kill.
Where did you get your story from I ddin't see any of that mentioned on this thread.

So it wasn't "poached" but rather taken illegally if that makes any sense or matters.
Isn't that one of the definitions of poaching?
Old 01-24-2005, 12:35 PM

Charlie I talked to the guy who sent me the email an hour or two ago. Illegally taking the deer with another tag is the same as poaching ? I do not know. If that is what it is defined as then yes, he poached this animal, but not in the sense that he shot it with a night light or out of season. Illegal but not in the the same way
Old 01-24-2005, 01:45 PM

well poaching or illegaly taken which is poaching in my book it still sounds strange to me
Old 01-24-2005, 02:41 PM

What a brute! Too bad he was taken illegally. Hopefully they will take away the hunting priveledges of that poacher for a long, long time.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:16 PM

from what i've heard he shot the deer before rifle season (not sure if this is true) and used land owner tag on family ground but he lives in nebraska, maybe going to college?i also heard he might get it back because he an active member of the kansas national guards or reserves.i saw the deer and its really nice but i don't think it will score 260",maybe more like 200".its a sad story and i hope it works out for the kid that shot it.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

What a monster!!! Whether it was poached or taken illegally it still sucks that Kansas sportsman (who hunt ethically) won't have a crack at this guy. On the positive side, maybe this gorgeous buck planted his seed on a few occasions. One never knows.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:51 PM

thats a nice buck, but what happened to that bow.He must have got a little to excitied and pulled the limb in half
Old 01-25-2005, 11:46 AM

to Poach;

1. To trespass on (another's property) for fishing or hunting.

2. To take (fish or game) illegally.

Quick Reply: 260" nontypical pictures ....... KDFW siezed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.