Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's all the hoopla bout fall aways? >

What's all the hoopla bout fall aways?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's all the hoopla bout fall aways?

Old 01-23-2005, 10:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default What's all the hoopla bout fall aways?

Could someone please explain to me what all the hoopla is bout the fall away rest lines from all the big manufacturers? I shoot with a whisker biscuit quick drop rest for practice and for hunting. My performance with it is remarkable. I guess I would just rather know that during those key seconds when BWANA walks out in front of you, your arrow isn't going to fall off or slide. Maybe I'm missing something I dunno. Let me know what you think or know!!!
Old 01-23-2005, 10:05 AM

Default RE: What's all the hoopla bout fall aways?

I use the wb 2 my arrows never slip or fall off i like it
Old 01-23-2005, 10:13 AM
Fork Horn

See, now I agree with you. The WB to me is the best rest. Maybe I'm not as skilled as the others that laugh at the WB. The fall aways look like they are to much to deal with attaching to cable and all.
Old 01-23-2005, 10:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Could someone please explain to me what all the hoopla is bout the fall away rest lines from all the big manufacturers?
It's just another in a long line of fads. Like most all of the others, it will burn itself out in a few years and then the herd will stampede to the next fad. Same with the whisker bisquit.
Old 01-23-2005, 10:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use a Bo Doodle rest. Yes it can fall off. It makes me concentrate and pull my bow back slowley and upright ( plumb ). Knowing it can fall off makes me draw it back the same every time. In my opinion it makes you concentrate on your shot from start to finish. I think the WB is a great invention though, wish I had thought of it.
Old 01-23-2005, 10:27 AM

I agree with Arthur, I have used a few of the drop aways. While they work and I kind of like them they are not magic or anything. They help with fletch contact issues and that is about it. I really can't see any big advantage other than that. Everything else is just theories or guesses, nothing you can really prove. I don't shoot any better with a drop away then I do a prong rest, and a good prong rest is simpler in my opinion. I think the biggest problem is most don't have the prong rests set up correctly to begin with.

I don't care much for the WB either. I have a few friends that have them and asked me to help set them up. They work and are great for stalking I guess, but I don't care for them myself. I would pick a Muzzy drop away or something before the WB. Just a personal thing though.

For target shooting I wouldn't mess with either, I would go for a quality prong rest with a blade or a bodoodle.

Paul
Old 01-23-2005, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

t's just another in a long line of fads. Like most all of the others, it will burn itself out in a few years and then the herd will stampede to the next fad. Same with the whisker bisquit.
I agree with Arthur, In the past year I have taken more off than put on. The whisker bisquit may be here to stay though.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

This sums it all up! This to me is a huge factor in my accuracy. When I switched to the Vital Bow Gear my grouping improved 10fold! With nothing touching my arrow but the string, now I know when I, me made the bad shot, not the bows fault. When I used prong rests I had way to many fliers! With too much putzin around with the prong I went with VBG ultimate fall away rest! I have no fliers and they go where I put the pin! Pretty cool! This is just my opinion on my experiences! Good luck.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:43 AM
Fork Horn

Not the steadiest hands around so I have am a big whisker biscuit fan.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:47 AM
Typical Buck

I like the MZE rest for the fact it does cradle my arrow,and with the mole skin it is quieter than any prong style that I have ever used ,even those that have had shrink tubing on them.I have put mole skin on fork styles before and it does quiet the arrow draw.I like the MZE too for the reason that I can "concentrate on my shot from start to finish"and not fret over the arrow falling off the rest, like in times past.It may look like a complex piece of gadgetry ,but really is quite simple,as compound bow go

Quick Reply: What's all the hoopla bout fall aways?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.