Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

quiver problem

Old 01-21-2005, 04:11 PM

Default quiver problem

I put my quiver on my bow and went out to shoot today. I was shooting all over the place. I was wodering what was wrong and I decided to take my quiver off and there was a big difference I was consistantly right on target. Has anyone else had this problem? I can't go without a quiver so I was wondering what I should do.
Old 01-21-2005, 04:13 PM

Default RE: quiver problem

Dont shoot with a quiver on unless you sight it in with the quiver. Most people take them off when they get on stand anyway. Just put it where you can grab a quick arrow if you have to.
Old 01-21-2005, 05:14 PM

When I attach my quiver I consistantly shoot to the left a couple of inches...but not all over the place.
Old 01-21-2005, 05:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bigbuck!

There is a couple thing's that you can do to resolve your problem here .The first being that you can practice regularly with your quiver on until you resolve your form .The other is you can get a detatchable quiver and once you get into your stand you can detach it and hang it on your stand or the tree your choice . I've alway's had a quiver on my bow practicing or hunting it's alway's on my bow ,so I don't have an issue with it .

nubo
Old 01-21-2005, 08:54 PM

Does anyone know what causes me to shoot so differently with the quiver on the bow?
Old 01-21-2005, 09:03 PM
Site Bouncer

Depending on how many arrows it holds and if it's full when you have it on it will cause a weight shift to the axis of the bow and could be causing you to torque the bow. Because of this I like the three to four arrow quivers best.

Just a thought.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:10 PM

Another thing that can cause the problem is where your quiver is attatched. Is it centered on the axis of your bow, or slightly forward, or toward you string, Any of these things can throw the balance off, and cause inconsistancies
Old 01-21-2005, 09:49 PM

use a hip quiver
Old 01-22-2005, 05:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you guys are taking your quiver off where and how have you found is the best place and method to attach it some where. i'd hate to drop it out of the tree. Did it once because i didn't fasten it on hard enough.
Old 01-22-2005, 07:20 AM

I do a lot of stalking so I can't hang it on the tree, and I think a hip quiver would get in the way. Would a really lightweight quiver solve the problem?

Quick Reply: quiver problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.