Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Jo jan multifletcher.... >

Jo jan multifletcher....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Jo jan multifletcher....

Old 01-20-2005, 11:20 AM
voz
Fork Horn

Default Jo jan multifletcher....

I currently use an arizona ez fletch but was considering getting a jo jan multi fletcher. Seems like a bunch of people use them so I guess I'm curious. How do they work? I see the clamp, so I assume you glue 1 vane at a time, but how do you know where to put the vanes? I guess you glue 1 vane on each arrow, then go back and glue on another.... Anyway, just wanted to ask a few questions before I deside to buy one...Thanks for the help....
Old 01-21-2005, 01:17 PM
voz
Fork Horn

Default RE: Jo jan multifletcher....

I guess nobody uses this multifletcher?
Old 01-21-2005, 01:49 PM

Thats to bad. I was hoping to see too. I am trying to gather all the parts I need to put together all my own stuff.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

ME #3 I'm also looking to buy a fletcher and the Jojan 6 arrow fletcher was the one I want to find information on .Just be patient I'm sure someone will be able to help us out on this . I want to tart fletching my own style of arrow's as well.

nubo
Old 01-21-2005, 02:53 PM

I have used the jo jan single fletcher and got rid of it for the bitzenburger, IMO the bitz is alot easier to use. I like the fact of having a magnet, it just seems to the the clamp down better. I didn't really consider the multi fletcher because I just take my time and do not get in a hurry if I do 1 or two arrows a night that is fine with me.
Old 01-21-2005, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been using a multi-fletcher for about 10yrs now-great tool! I've done everything from carbons to 23/64" cedar shafts and it works great on all of them.The clamps have no hash marks so before I started to fletch,I decided how far from the nock I wanted the feather and put a mark on the clamp(all six).That way you know exactly where to put the next fletching.
If you're not using a fast-setting glue,you can glue up all 6 at a time but I usually load all 6 clamps with feathers then glue 1 at a time and set on the shaft.Once it's set up,it's a quick and precise tool.
Old 01-21-2005, 04:15 PM

Thanks JimPic, That was exactly what I was looking for.