Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Crossing Over

Old 09-04-2002, 08:39 PM
Spike

Default Crossing Over

How many of you have in the past, currently are, or are contemplating going to traditional archery? Is it possible to shoot both, or will your form suffer from shooting by two different methods? I am interested in shooting a good longbow, but I am not ready to hang up my compound by any means.
Old 09-04-2002, 08:43 PM

Default RE: Crossing Over

well, i'm not embarrassed to say, that i probably cound'nt hit the broad side of a barn with a traditional bow. i'm just being honest.

jeff greene

Edited by - beretta390 on 09/04/2002 21:44:30
Old 09-05-2002, 02:05 AM

Default RE: Crossing Over

I've been shooting the whole compound, release and sights setup for a few years now but I have my old compound which I now use for bowfishing. I like to shoot it instinctively with fingers in the yard. Can hit moving objects such as grapefruit rolling. Getting pretty good. No long shots but 15 yards is long enough. Getting better and better. Only problem is that I hit things on the grownd much better than standing targets but I found I can still hit standing targets so long as I pick a spot. Gonna get a recurve next.

Nic