Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just wondering

Old 01-18-2005, 12:30 AM

Default Just wondering

Im just wondering if there is anyone else out there like me that still shoots an ole pse and is thrilled with it. Dont get me wrong im not in anyway trieing to knock someone for buying a new bow, it just seems the post are dominated by mattews or bowtech shooters. (which i have shot both and they are great) Just wondering if im the onlyone and if not why everyone that shoots older models are so quiet on the boards. Hope everyone had a great season, and for u lucky bums that still have some season left this year go get um, Later Mark
Old 01-18-2005, 01:20 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Just wondering

My Martin Cougar Magnum is 4 hunting seasons old now, and it still works for me. As soon as I get some pictures developed, I'll post pics of a great buck my hunting partner took on Dec. 28 with his old Martin Firecat.........the cables still have teardrops.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:01 AM

ave an older Brwoning. It is 5 maybe 6 years old now. Only had it out on one hunting trip and that was this past. It is experienced now as I took my first doe with it. I will continue to use it until I can afford to get another. But I am not rushing into it. If it aint broke, why fix it.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:10 AM

I am shoooting a 5 year old CSS and it will be around for a few more seasons at least
Old 01-18-2005, 09:21 AM

I used to shoot an old PSE and thought it was the greates thing in the world. Shot alot of deer with it. Then I bought a new Mathews shot It all winter and hunted with it one season, now I would never touch my old bow again. It doesnt even feel right in my hand anymore. I think it's all what your used to.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

My dad shoots a Golden Eagle that is nearly as old as I am, and he still kills deer with it every year. Nothing wrong with it, although it's fun to rib him a little bit when we go shooting together. I think my arrow leaves my bow and hits the target before his is even off the string yet.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just recently retired a Martin Cougar II that I hunted with for 23 years. I lost count of the deer I've taken with it. The only reason I haven't hunted with it the last 2 years is a friend gave me a new Browning.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think my arrow leaves my bow and hits the target before his is even off the string yet.

Old 01-18-2005, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

I'm currently using an old XI Demon that I bought in '96. Still has the same string even!

It wasn't even that great of a bow back in '96, but ssshhhh.... don't tell the critters I kill with it.

I'm big fan of little round wheels.

Here's my other compound. Bought this back in '87 (when Justin was still riding around on his Bigwheel)
It's got a cast iron riser and truck leaf springs for limbs. (okay, not really... but it does weigh 7lbs)

The other bow I shoot a lot is a Browning Nomad recurve that is as old as I am... and that's old.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:31 PM

I'm shooting a Golden Eagle that I bought used 5 years ago when it was 5 years old. That makes it 10. Duh.
Being a lefty I just buy my buddies used ones every 5 years. Although they are not new technology, they are to me.
And they fill my freezer just fine!

Quick Reply: Just wondering

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.