Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shed Hunting - Nice nine point!! >

Shed Hunting - Nice nine point!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shed Hunting - Nice nine point!!

Old 01-15-2005, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Shed Hunting - Nice nine point!!

I know this post is nothing without a picture but I have no way to get them on here!! I could send them to someone but thats it!! I was out rabbit hunting today, keeping my aim good for the rest of the seasons... There was a skif (sp?) of snow on the ground and came across a beautful one sided 5-pointed rack, later to find the other side with another 4-points a few feet from it... Wish I could bow hunt the land instead of just rabbit hunting!! I was so proud I been trying to find a nice pair for a couple years now and finally got some!! - Buckhunter14

Question?? I live in Mid-Michigan, there is no way these could be from this years deer though?? I've seen a couple bucks the past weeks with horns and usually they don't lose them untill February.. Was I just lucky and they are from last years shed??
Old 01-15-2005, 08:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Shed Hunting - Nice nine point!!

Congrats! I would guess this years. Were they chewed on at all. How's the coloring on them. Do they look pretty faded?
Old 01-15-2005, 08:51 PM

hey buckhunter if you want me to post them for you i will. Just send the pictures to my e-mail [email protected]. I would say they are from this year if they are not chewed on. I usually dont find them till february here in IOwa but have already found a few and have seen some bucks with bloods spots on there head. I have also seen some bucks with antlers.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:28 AM

These are buckhunter14 sheds that he found in Michigan. He sent the pics to my e-mail so i could resize them and then post for him. Some good looking sheds.

Old 01-16-2005, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

The antlers were chewed a little bit in four different places. The two tips on the right antler (left in the picture) The left brow tine (right in the picture) and at the bases of the antlers.. The color is faded and they seemed to be dried out a bit? I think they are from last year? I know nothing about sheds though!! - Buckhunter14