Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How was everyone's year? >

How was everyone's year?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How was everyone's year?

Old 01-15-2005, 05:26 PM

Default How was everyone's year?

Well, I think season is over for just about everybody, and I was wondering how everyone's year was.
Personally, I had the best year I have had, although I only killed one deer, and that was on opening day. The rules changed a bit here in MO this year, and I had to let 2 bucks walk, I passed on a button buck opening day of rifle season, and I passed on 2 other does early in bow season. I also missed one in early on. I saw FAR more deer this season than I ever have. I had my shot at a nice buck, a dandy 12 point, and I blew it. He ran right by me, and my bow was still on the ground. Hey, live and learn, right? Man, but what a season I had. I think I am finally starting to learn how to hunt deer, although I certainly have much more to learn.
Old 01-15-2005, 05:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How was everyone's year?

I too had the best season on record! Got one with my bow and 2 with my shotgun. I also missed 2 different does. I had a few different bucks around but no shot op. Got busted by 3 different bucks. Also had an 8 and a 10 chasin a doe around my stand, that was a first for me. I let a nub walk on the last evening of early bow! All in all the best season to date!
Old 01-15-2005, 06:15 PM

My year could have been better. I was after one bruiser in particular in Iowa and just never got a shot at him. 50 yards was all the closer I could get him. Passed on several smaller bucks and does. I am wishing I would have stuck one of the does now so I could have a little more meat in the freezer. [:@] Oh well, maybe next year.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:58 AM

Best year I had in a long time.
On Nov. 2 I missed a chance at a big 8 or 10. Just got to the top of ladder and here he comes running down the path at 3 in the afternoon. Stopped on some Tinks 15 yards with me still standing on top of ladder. musta been 2 foot wide. Didn't even get a chance to noch an arrow and off he went.
Bow hunting the last day before gun opens I saw 29 deer but the 10 that came right by me were bad for a left hand shot. So no shot.
Sat in same stand for first 3 days of gun and saw nothing.
I was getting digusted so decided to go back to some property that I can only bowhunt, no guns.
So on the 4th day of gun I got a 9 point with my bow.
On the 5th day got a large doe with my bow.
6th day I processed them and on the 7th day of gun got a large dow with a shotgun!
What a year. My freezer is overflowin!
Not braggin just sayin I had an awesome year!
Old 01-16-2005, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a GREAT year.I never harvested anything with my bow,but I had a great time in the woods.I seen lots of deer but nothing I was interested in.I seen fox's,fishers,squirells,wolves,skunks,raccoons,por cupines and a lot of turkeys ,especially when they would roost in the same tree i was sitting in--lol
Almost everytime I headed into the woods something has happened to remember or seen something.I seen deer almost everytime I went to but the big guy just never showed up or close enough.
I learned alot more this year spending more time in the woods as well.Maybe next year I will get the big guy,only time will tell
Old 01-16-2005, 02:22 PM

this was one of my best years ever. started off a couple weeks late due to a crappy work schedule but then got lucky and was offered another job closer to home and i was able to take 2 weeks off in between jobs! during that time I shot 3 deer with my bow, including my biggest buck ever- 135" 10pt. I went out one more time before gun season and shot a nice looking red fox with my bow. I was able to take 2 more antlerless deer in gun season while I was walking in or out with my climber on my back. Went out a couple more times in late archery and saw some deer but didnt take any more. 5 deer, a fox, and an expensive taxidermy bill. not a bad season.
Old 01-16-2005, 04:24 PM

worst year ever[:'(] But, still have 2 weekends left.

One hunt can change them all!!!!!!!
Old 01-16-2005, 04:26 PM
Fork Horn

i had my best year, i hunted for a solid week a p/y 8pt `had him once at 5yrds,cedar tree in the way, then gun season came and i took an even better buck with my muzzleloader.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:43 PM
Fork Horn

Had a good year too. Started off by drawing a bull moose licence in a dificult area of Ontario. Then shot a doe on opening daw of the archery season with my new Parker Pheonix. Moose hunting, shot a 52" bull on the second day and a 6-7 year old cow 7 days later (Gun Season). Killed another doe on a deer camp in the Parry Sound area of Ontario then killed a messed up fork horn buck back home with the bow again. The same night I killed the buck, seen my first P&Y deer, after i filled my last tag, oh well had a good year. Posted the Pics in the "Other areas, Canada" forum on this site but the pice shown up small. Trying to fix it
Old 01-16-2005, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

Had my best year ever. Shot by first deer (140lb doe) with a bow this Oct. Then during rifle season, I shot 2 bucks. My biggest ever (medium sized 8 pointer) and a corn fed spiker. I even out hunted our camps legendary bwanna. He usually shoots 3 to 4 a year. He got 2. One was a really nice 8 pointer that I basically gave to him on a silver platter. So, I might of had 4, but ya never know. It's a long story so oh well. Can't wait till this fall to get back into the groove. Always keep shooting. Bows, rifles and muzzle loaders should never acquire dust. LOL!!!!! There's only one thing left I have to say........

Quick Reply: How was everyone's year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.