Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Thanking landowners... >

Thanking landowners...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Thanking landowners...

Old 01-08-2005, 08:09 AM
Fork Horn

Default Thanking landowners...

I'm curious how you guys thank the landowners for letting you bowhunt. This is the first year I've hunted private land so this is all new to me. I would like to give him some venison, but I wasn't able to harvest any deer from his land. Someone also suggested that I give him a gift certificate to a liquor store. What's your input? Thanks!!
Old 01-08-2005, 08:20 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Thanking landowners...

Often times a simple thank you will do. Continue to stop by, especially in the off season. Just stop in a say hi. I hunted private land in Michigan, but I was from Chicago. Like you...I didn't harvest any deer from his land. He doesn't like venison anyway. I sent christmas cards, and thank you letters as well. The only gift I ever gave was a pizza from Lou Malnatti's (Chicago pizza house), which he seems to love. He is an old timer...just turned 83. He mostly enjoyed that I stopped by every once in a while to chat and say hi. I always offered a hand in farm chores.

j
Old 01-08-2005, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I gave different land owners different things .
1 gave a steel taged doe to have buchered to a older gentelman that can no longer hunt.
Several got localy produced smoked hams
Several got gift certifacates to local stores
The 2 land owners that live in florda will not take anything because I do upkeep and post their land
This year I spent $350+ on thank you gifts and signs to post the snow birds land
IMO if the owners drink a gift certifacates to the licure store may be good ,but make sure that they drink.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

i gave the 2 people who let me hunt a box of chocolate candies. they were both happy and one of them sent me a thank you card and told me of the deer they had been seeing under my stand. lol
Old 01-08-2005, 11:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

throw Money
Old 01-08-2005, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

i give my landowners a thank you christmas card, a bottle of wine,(or cap morgan) some packaged venison in a gift bag. they really seem to appreciate it.
Old 01-09-2005, 11:02 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: cardeer

throw Money
HAHA. I don't think money would be much of a gift for this landowner since he is a lawyer[8D]

Thanks for the other ideas...I think I will pick up a box of chocolate candies and a thank you card.