Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Question to ask Outfitter's ????? >

Question to ask Outfitter's ?????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question to ask Outfitter's ?????

Old 01-07-2005, 10:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Question to ask Outfitter's ?????

Guy's myself and Extreme 1 are looking to go on a Bowhunt for Deer this fall .We are looking to hunt in Ontario .
Does anyone know of any Outfitter's that might cater to bowhunters in Ontario?

Also what Question's should I be asking them about thier hunt's and living quarter's etc,etc,etc,

I sure need some help on this one ,I would surely appreciate your advice.

nubo
Old 01-07-2005, 10:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Question to ask Outfitter's ?????

Also what Question's should I be asking them about thier hunt's and living quarter's etc,etc,etc,
Ask them the success rate for archery hunters for the last five years. Then ask if the percentage they give you is an average for the five years or rate for each year. I would want to know the percentage for each year as one great year can make the success rate look outstanding when they do an average.
I would then ask for contact (references) info from at least ten different hunters that have been there , both successful hunters and those who didn't harvest anything.
A good reputable outfitter should be able to provide you with at least ten references easily.
Be carefull , I've had outfitters provide me with references that just happened to be all locals.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

As well as the excellent advice that Bowfanatic has given you I also like to ask these addition questions.

Are there trophy fee's?
Is there a minimum P&Y score reguired on bucks taken... and if the buck scores under that score what is the finacial penelty?
Can I with the proper tags and liscences harvest a turkey or other species other than the specified species I am designated hunting without any monetary penalty?
Old 01-09-2005, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thank you Bowfanatic and Lady Forge for the great advice.Its going to be very helpful
Does anyone have anything else to share with us.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:52 PM
Fork Horn

Here are a few things we asked in setting up our hunt. Number of bowhunters taken at a time and for the season. Number of guides per hunter. Amount of acerage they have access to. Do they have treestands already set up or is it bring your own, if they supply the stands can you still bring your own? If they have stands already set up- how many do they have up, do they rotate them, what do they look for when they hang them and how often do they get hunted and do they give the stands any breaks? Do they have any game cam pictures? Hope this helps.
Old 01-09-2005, 04:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Your darn right it help's Hunger Extreme1 and I certainly appreciate any advice you's all can give us .

nubo