HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   No-Peep (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/85091-no-peep.html)

duramaxlt 01-13-2005 05:22 PM

RE: No-Peep

been using the no peep for two years i love it and have found that i shoot better 3D scores with it.and it gives me a few extra minutes of hunting time morning and evening.

MizzoukiSpot 01-13-2005 08:04 PM

" a no peep will allow you to cheat by changing your grip",....NOT. I am working on 3 years with a no peep. I have them on 3 bows. It DOES ensure a consistant anchor point. ESPECIALLY 25 feet up a tree. Of course major 3d target guys do not shoot them. In these competitions, they can use peeps with clarifiers that are so small that you could not shoot them when the sun still has an hour and a half left. If you want to be able to shoot at late hours, get the no-peep. If you want a huge field of vision, get the no peep. I do not look "around" my string. I actually very seldom even look at the no peep anymore. I have gotten so used to my natural anchor point. Today I shot 5 arrows at 40 yards. Hit all 5 in a 4 inch circle. Also, if you set it up right, any LITTLE change in grip or torque will throw it off.

mitchdually 01-13-2005 09:35 PM

I was one that had a peep when i first started bowhunting, but i was watching a good friend that had been doing this a long time before me shoot with out. I was having problems tunning my sights so i figured i would at least try a kisser button. robin hooded my first arrow last month,(sucks to lose a good arrow) but i think i was focusing on the peep to much and not on my form. love not having a peep

Double Creek 01-14-2005 06:10 AM

I don't understand the lowlight conditions argument. I have killed deer using a peep at THE VERY LAST SECOND OF DAYLIGHT. It couldn't get any darker without calling it night. With today's larger peeps, low light conditions are obsolete IMO.

nubo 01-14-2005 06:24 AM

I know Extrem 1 shoot's a no-peep and from what I understand he like's it very much ,he also has told me that it help's correct any form issue's .When i was in BassPro yesterday I was fully intending on bringing a no peep home with me as well as a new Summit stand ,but unfortunately they never had one that i could find .

nubo

fuzzila 01-14-2005 06:41 AM

I have a No-Peep on one bow and the Archery Innovations Anchor Site on my other bow. I find the Anchor Site to be far superior. Much more visible & easier to find & line up with.

BobCo19-65 01-14-2005 06:47 AM

" a no peep will allow you to cheat by changing your grip",....NOT
Lets say that you pull the string back and you are NOT anchored correctly to the right or left. It is easy to align the no-peep by simply adusting your grip INSTEAD of adjusting your anchor. It is easy to do.

DaveC 01-14-2005 09:23 AM

I plan on trying one this year during the off season. If you hunt at night (pigs) a peep will only hinder you. I also had 2 shots at 2 very nice (read big) bucks I could see outside the ground blind, but could not makeout through the peep at dusk. I think because it was darker inside the ground blind than outside the light was playing tricks with the peep.
With a no peep I might have tasted Pope and Young for the first time.

ijimmy 01-14-2005 11:31 AM

I personaly dont like them , would prefer the hindsight , but as others have stated nither one of these sighting aids are going to permit you to "cheat" by toqureing the grip , on the contray , they will teach you allot about proper grip and form .

gibblet 01-14-2005 03:04 PM

whoever got talked out of it.... that guy just didn't want to help you set it up.