Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Goliath Says Goodbye... >

Goliath Says Goodbye...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Goliath Says Goodbye...

Old 01-03-2005, 10:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Goliath Says Goodbye...

I see Goliath, believed to be the largest buck in captivity died last month of unknown causes. He was 7 1/2.

This is probably old news to some, but I remember the discussion this buck brought on. As you recall he came up missing for a few years before being found and a law suit is in progress.

The article said that massive bucks like him have sold for more than a half a million dollars!....Goodness that is unbelieveable!

Old 01-04-2005, 05:55 AM

Default RE: Goliath Says Goodbye...

As much as I love whitetails, I have never been much of a fan of pen raised whitetails.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:12 AM

I Have Heard Of Places Like Cabela's Paying 20, 30 Even 50 Thousand. To Bring A Half Million It Must Have Bee Some Buck. Any Idea What It Would Have Scored?
Old 01-04-2005, 06:24 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Choctaw-Brave

I Have Heard Of Places Like Cabela's Paying 20, 30 Even 50 Thousand. To Bring A Half Million It Must Have Bee Some Buck. Any Idea What It Would Have Scored?
I believe he was over 400"

j
Old 01-04-2005, 07:39 AM

a lot of monster bucks that are alive will sell for a few hundred thousand. this is so sperm can be taken from them. Cabelas buys dead deer so the sperm value is not there. They pay for the rack so they can mount it in their stores. Thats why they arent worth as much dead.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Too bad to see a monster die like that. What a brute!

Old 01-04-2005, 06:21 PM

It is Sad to see a great deer go even if he was farm raised. I sort of had the inside scoop on this deer. I new he died back shortly after the beginning of December. You see I work for a commercial printer and I design brochures and things for a Whitetail deer ranch in Huntingdon, Pennsylvania Called Griffith Brothers Whitetail Ridge. Well Goliath was born on this farm and was sold to the farm he was stolen from when he was 1 year old for $900. But the good thing is my customer has the genetics from him, including semen which he sells. They also owned Goliath's father GB PA Geronimo and sold his brother also at an early age. My customer told me that Goliaths brother is almost as big but with a more typical rack. My client uses Goliaths picture in his ads and things and he gave me the final score on him and it turned out to be 410 7/8. Amazing!!!! You guys should see some of the deer they have on this farm. Sometime I'll have to post some of the pictures.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:36 AM

Goliath replicas on sale for $995.00 on taxidermy net!
Old 01-19-2005, 06:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

As much as I love whitetails, I have never been much of a fan of pen raised whitetails
I second that .