Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Potential New World Record Killed!! >

Potential New World Record Killed!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Potential New World Record Killed!!

Old 01-03-2005, 08:50 AM

Default RE: Potential New World Record Killed!!

ORIGINAL: HNIJustin

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

I have always been a big fan of Barry and Gene Wentzel. These brothers have probably forgotten more about hunting deer than most of us know.
I agree completely. When I was but a wee lad my dad took me with him to a seminar that they put on and I sat through the entire thing, half the time laughing my butt off. They are truely amazing people, and amazing hunters. I can still watch Bowhunting October Whitetails and get a good laugh out of it.
I too have been a fan of the Wensels for a long time. I have all their books, from Hunting Rutting Whitetails that came out 20 some years ago to the signed copy of Come November. I have been to a Wensel seminar and talked with Gene several times at the annual Deer Hunting Expo in Ohio. These guys are a class act and have more passion for bowhunting than most of us will every have. How many of us would pick up and move to another state solely because it has better deer hunting? That's just what Gene did when he moved to Iowa. They already have a ton of beautiful bucks and it is great to see another one on the ground.

Edit to add - what other forum are you guys referring to? I would like to read more about it.
Old 01-03-2005, 09:01 AM

ORIGINAL: extreme1

Or would it be the biggest deer on record taken with trad equipment?
I believe its a record using trad. equipment.
Old 01-03-2005, 09:27 AM

Congrats to the Wenzels! They're great hunters. that buck is HUGE. World record, no. Del Austin shot his with a recurve i think and this buck won't beat it. it's still gonna rank up there with teh best of them. i dont think its bigger than the Andrews buck shot last year or the year before in iowa with a bow. it's gonna be close those. Andrews buck is like 258 non typical, I think.

slayer
Old 01-03-2005, 11:14 AM
Typical Buck

yeah!
Old 01-03-2005, 11:20 AM

Who says you need a $500 compound bow that shoots 315fps to kill a record buck RECURVE SALES ARE UP!!
Congrats Mr. Wensel
Old 01-03-2005, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice!! Great story too!
Old 01-03-2005, 12:52 PM

Great gooma looma.......I am pretty sure I would die of a heart attack if something like that walked by..
Old 01-03-2005, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

A truly awesome buck indeed!!! I also received a pic of the buck shortly after it was downed and was very happy for him! Talk about a buck of a lifetime. I do feel the need to correct the badly inflated score however. Gene told IL tophy hunter and friend Don Higgins (you can confirm this with Don on the IBS site) just the other day on the phone that the 10x9 GROSSES 231". A solid B&C class buck but I seriously don't know where the 260 figure came from??? Just an absolutely awesome IA whitetail, that's for sure!!!
Old 01-03-2005, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

absolutely awesome buck.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:08 PM
Fork Horn

Truly an amazing buck. Congrats!

Quick Reply: Potential New World Record Killed!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.