Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cut my string!

Old 01-02-2005, 09:32 AM

Default Cut my string!

Bought a new bow this year. Have been having trouble with the peep. I decided last night to drill it out. Bad idea on the bow. Long story short I cut one strand of my string right next to my peep inside of where the peep is tied in. Pretty sure I need a new string.
Was planning to hunt this afternoon and get a new string this week. I may only get one shot while hunting, but was wondering if you guys think it is safe or not. Temps are warm in the mid 50's today.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Cut my string!

I would replace it!!!! That would be awful to have it break in your hands!
Old 01-02-2005, 09:56 AM

Play it safe and get the new string. Hate to see it snap and catch you in the eye or face etc...
Old 01-02-2005, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

One shot would be fine. On my brand of string each strand is rated for 90lbs so if you have alot more you'll be fine. I would replace it soon though.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:31 AM

You will need to change your string but I would hunt with it till the season is over. We used to cut strands out of string to get the center serving right years ago before we knew better. To solve the "I couldn't see thru my peep when he was right under my stand" issue, take the peep out and use just a kisser button. Under 40 yards, with some practice, you won't see any difference. Don
Old 01-02-2005, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Go hunting
Old 01-02-2005, 04:27 PM

If I had a nickel for every time I heard of somebody doing that I'd be a wealthy man.
Old 01-02-2005, 04:30 PM

How do you know that the other strands aren't damaged?
Old 01-02-2005, 04:58 PM

Replace it man
Old 01-02-2005, 06:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Your nuts if ya don't get that replaced! Not a pretty sight if your string breaks at full draw! I had one bad strand on my string and I was shooting my bow, I just set it down and BAM my bow exploded, scared the poop out of me! After seeing that I couldn't imagine a string breaking while at full draw! If you don't get that changed your a braver man than me! JMO...Good luck!

Quick Reply: Cut my string!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.