Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How many arrows? >

How many arrows?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many arrows?

Old 12-31-2004, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many arrows?

fill 'er up. all six
Old 12-31-2004, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

i take 4. 3 for deer and then an old one for yotes
Old 12-31-2004, 06:11 PM

For year's I carried 4...3 Broadheads and 1 judo...I had buddies who would carry up to 8 and I always just figured they were carrying extra weight.

2 Seasons ago I was sitting on stand and decided to take a shot at a squirrel with the judo. Miss........later I had a flock of Turkeys come in on me....first shot I missed...they stuck around and then I hit one at 20 yds right at the base of the neck with a Rocket Steelhead...he flopped on the spot...Let me tell you, I felt extremely naked sitting for 2 more hours in that stand with only 1 arrow.

My new quiver still only holds 4 arrows...but I now understand guys who take more.
Old 12-31-2004, 06:12 PM

3 BH's and 2 field tip stump shooters
Old 12-31-2004, 08:24 PM
Fork Horn

I am the oddball, I take eight (seven hunting and one test/critter) and have six more in my case.
Old 12-31-2004, 09:27 PM
Typical Buck

I fill the quickee quiver up with six.I used to have a four arrow quiver and took it on a hog hunt to Forida.I shot a crow out of a nearby tree that was stirring things up,I looked for the arrow and could not find it.Then later when hunting with dogs and chasing this big boar I ended up getting down toonly one arrow.You would understand what I mean if you ever hunted these mean nast critters[:-]If I ever hunt hogs again I'll definatly have a quiver of six on me not that it takes that many but things can get hot and heavy real quick.
Old 12-31-2004, 09:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

My Kwikee Quiver holds six... I put two field points in the back and four broadheads up front. There's been days I've had turkeys all over me as well as deer coming in later when I used all four. Seems like when I have turkeys come in, I'm always able to kill two of them out of the flock. That only leaves me with two more to hunt with for the rest of the day.