Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Favorite Predator Camo Patterns >

Favorite Predator Camo Patterns

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Favorite Predator Camo Patterns

Old 08-29-2002, 09:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default Favorite Predator Camo Patterns

Who uses Predator Camo? I am familiar with and really like the the fall Brown pattern and the Spring Green for Turkey hunting.

Does anyone have any of the newer patterns and how do they stack up for bow hunting?
Old 08-29-2002, 09:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Favorite Predator Camo Patterns

I have a Fall brown parka that I love. I also have a Fall grey jacket that I don't like that much. It's way too light colored in my opinion. The only time I used it was after a light snow. I thought it worked great then, but as far as using it in a tree, I found it stuck out like a sore thumb.
Old 08-30-2002, 05:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a big Fall Grey fan. From after the leaves drop to a snowy late season, in my opinion there is no better concealment. When you look into the trees above after the leaves drop, there is alot of light area between the branches. A darker camo would make a guy blob out in a tree.
Old 08-30-2002, 05:51 AM

I have and use Fall Brown, Fall Grey and Spring Green.
See pictures at http://amosgreg.home.netcom.com/GregHunt2.htm
The Snake pictures show me in the Fall Grey in South Africa on a very overcast day. The shot with the Guinea Fowl was later that day in the sunshine and the Grey was too light.
http://amosgreg.home.netcom.com/AmosAfrica4.htm Show me in the Fall Brown in the high grass on a temporary blind I built near a waterhole.
http://amosgreg.home.netcom.com/AmosAfrica5.htm shows the Spring Green. I was in a pit blind earlier that morning and hadn't had the chance to remove the green layer to go to the Fall Brown I was wearing for the fields.

I have used Predator in the Plains of Montana and Elk and Mule Deer within 10 yards, Took and Antelope on a Sage Flat were the Fall Grey in 75 degree heat. Hunted here in Ohio wearing all three patterns during the season and used it in Africa.
IMHO it is one of the best All-around patterns made, but IF I hunted from a treestand only, then I think I'd have to think about ASAT or Skyline as I believe Predator has a little too much dark for the late fall/early winter season up in a tree.

Greg

"Getting close to the game is the joy of Bowhunting for me, the harvest is a bonus."

Live 15 ft Python after eating a small Antelope!
Old 08-30-2002, 06:47 AM

I have just recently purchased a set of Spring Green. I'm getting a Fall Brown bib for the upcoming fall/winter season. I think it works great. IMO, Predator makes some of the best patterns out there. My hunting partner thought that it looked "too bright" though. I plan on taking some photo's so that I can see for myself.

The first day I wore the pants, one of the belt loops broke. I had pulled the pants up to my waste and grabbed the loop by accident. While I might have stressed it too much, I've never ever had that happen on any other pair of pants. Right now I have a safety pin on it but I plan to have my mother-in-law re-stitch it up for me.

If I remember correctly, I bought the size that covers 36-38. The pant legs were way too long for me. Again, not a big deal but just an FYI. I need to hem them up to the right size.

The only other beef I have with them is that your options are somewhat limited on what you can buy. For example: I don't see where you can buy a 6-pocket pant in Saddlecloth. It only comes as a 4-pocket pant. Why not? Also, they limit the patterns on certain products. Like the Stealthtex Insulated bomber jacket (only can get it in Fall Grey) and the Saddlecloth&Amazon jacket(only comes in Fall Grey or Evolution). I don't like either of those patterns, prefering the standard Fall Brown and Spring Green the best. Just seems limiting to me.

Finally, I wish they would make a Hunter Orange version. I'd buy a set today if they did.

-Mike
Old 08-30-2002, 08:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Fall Brown year around except snow then Fall Grey.

Green in camo is so overated and unnecessary unless your hiding from humans and even then it's irrelevant.

Check out www.lenartz.com for ASAT...if green is so good why did God make all preditor/prey animals brown, black and tan!!!???

How many times have you walked up on an animal laying still and watching you only to jump up and scare the beqeezzes out of you....it had no green and you didn't see it.

<font color=blue>Good Luck and Good Shooting</font id=blue>

<font color=red>Rob</font id=red>
Old 09-10-2002, 09:47 PM

I have to tell you guys something about Lenartz and ASAT. I ordered ASAT after hearing Rob/PA Bowyer and others talk about how effective ASAT was and after looking at the web site. Chuck Pensyl and I traded some email on the suits and Chuck sent me some pictures.

A little bit ago, Tim Lenartz and he called to tell me that the two suits I had ordered were not going to be ready for opening of archery here in Minnesota. They had some damaged product and some bad luck with suppliers and they were backed up. Tim said that things are getting back in gear but it will be after my opening weekend before they can get the new camo done and out the door. Ok, that's understandable. It was nice to hear it from the owner of the company though... refreshing!

Since ASAT is going to be my first camo purchase (this is my first year archery deer hunting) this was a big problem. Then Tim called me tonight... to say he was shipping me out a couple of used setups they had used for filming to get me through the first couple weekends of the season, and that it was no charge! I am still floored by this offer but it looks like I will be decked out for next Saturday's opener. Decked out in ASAT.

I am not interested in coming off as a shill for ASAT or in violating the TOS regarding advertising, so if that is the impression I am giving, please accept my apology and do what is right with this post. I just had to tell you about the best customer service I have ever received all due to two guys, Chuck Pensyl and Tim Lenartz, who don't know me from nothin'.

Thanks guys, nuff said.

_________
SuperX
Old 09-10-2002, 09:54 PM
Fork Horn

Predator Evolution for early season then fall grey later season.

Old 09-11-2002, 03:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have you guys ever heard of Mossy Oak BreakUp?
Old 09-11-2002, 09:08 AM
Fork Horn

Mossy Oak Breakup is ok, but i do not like it for this part of the northeast. IT is to dark and if you view it from a distance tends to &quot;blob&quot;. If you tend to hunt in an area that is predomintely pine it works well.

As other people have said in this forum, its good bar room camo, but for hunting i prefer something with more tans and light colors to break up your outline, like predator, Asat or Advantage.

Quick Reply: Favorite Predator Camo Patterns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.