Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
How do you rate yourself? >

How do you rate yourself?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How do you rate yourself?

Old 08-23-2002, 06:43 AM

Default RE: How do you rate yourself?

Novice/Newbie (Having just purchased the bow about three months ago). Try to shoot every day and read everything on archery and bow hunting I can find.

Edited by - cpahunter on 08/23/2002 07:44:19
Old 08-23-2002, 06:44 AM

I rate myself above ave.... but still a student!!!
Old 08-23-2002, 09:09 AM
Typical Buck

As far as knowing deer and deer hunting, I think I'm above average and don't think anyone could ever consider themselves an "expert" in that area. As far as archery skills, I'm average and hate to tinker with stuff and don't at all get into the technicality of things but can kill a deer at 20 yards any day of the week.
Old 08-24-2002, 03:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I never have rated myself, cause it will always be wrong!
I tuned my bow myself, I can hit a quarter at 20 yards consistantly,I knew where the deer eat drink, sleep, and go poop in the woods,on the property I hunted for the last 3 years. If I didn't shoot it I it's 'cause I didn't want to, If I did shoot it I took it home.
Now I'm in the same boat as Chiefheadhunter, fighting slobs on public land. Not all the people on public land are slobs, but when you find one it ruins my day.
If I did rate myself I was an expert/pro when I was on private land. now that I'm on public I'm a "target archer"... Never hunted but hit the bullseye quite often! The WMA i'm planning on hunting will not allow scouting till one week before the season starts. Then it will change.

FOOLPROOF?
Never underestimate the power of a fool!
Old 08-24-2002, 09:48 AM

Better than average hunter and I still spend the majority of my time trying to be a better hunter through scouting, reading, etc. Novice shooter. Always placed more emphasis on the hunting aspect than the shooting. Felt like if I could shoot out to 20yds, that is all I needed if my hunting skills were any good.

Changed that this year with the retiring of my old Oneida Eagle and purchase of a Legacy. Now with the help of folks on this forum, I'm focusing more on my shooting and equipment and have become a better shot. Plus after getting my best buck with a bow yet this past year, I'm really pumped for the coming season.
Old 09-22-2002, 11:33 PM

VERY A GOOD HUNTER AND A GOOD ARCHER
Old 09-23-2002, 12:15 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-23-2002, 02:29 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-23-2002, 05:39 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-23-2002, 06:30 AM

I would have to say somewhere between hunter and above average. I have been bowhunting for 16 years. I am still learning more about my equipment and the game I hunt every year. The learning and experience never ends. I practice every day and scout every day throught out the year. I have alot of skill and confidence in myself upon entering the woods. Iam also all ears to any bowhunter about advice to hunting. I try to learn more and more, but will never learn enough, and thats what makes bowhunting--BOWHUNTING!

Quick Reply: How do you rate yourself?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.