Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What an IDIOT !!!!!!! >

What an IDIOT !!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What an IDIOT !!!!!!!

Old 12-17-2004, 09:44 AM
Fork Horn

Default What an IDIOT !!!!!!!

i usually dont judge people but read this and you'll see why i said that.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Hunter Faces Charges for Shooting Llama

25 minutes ago Strange News - AP

MADISON, Wis. - A hunter faces two charges after shooting a llama that he mistook for a deer.

John M. Burger was charged with trespassing and a misdemeanor count of mistreatment of animals after he killed a llama named Snicker Doodle Silk that was grazing on land owned by Susan and Kevin Kovacs.

According to a criminal complaint, Burger was on land adjacent to the Kovacses' property when he shot the animal Nov. 9.

Burger told a Dane County sheriff's deputy he was in a tree stand when he spotted an animal grazing about 60 yards north.

Burger said he thought the animal was a deer, probably a doe, and he waited for it to raise its head. It did not and he shot at it. He then walked toward the animal and saw herds of llamas running around, realizing his mistake.

Burger reported the accidental shooting to the Kovacs family and apologized.

The trespassing charge carries a fine of up to $1,000 and the other count carries a fine of up to $10,000 and a nine-month jail term.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What an IDIOT !!!!!!!

yet another reason why I don't go in the woods when the guns are going off.
Old 12-17-2004, 10:03 AM

No doubt the guy is an IDIOT for shooting a llama but I give the guy credit for owning upto his mistake. It dosn't make it right but it dose save some face for the hunting community. Had the guy fled the scene it would look a whole lot worse.

Just my $0.02
Old 12-17-2004, 10:10 AM
Dominant Buck

I agree adams. He might be an idiot for shooting it but he did stick around and owned up to his mistake.
Old 12-17-2004, 10:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

I had a llama walk up to me this year in the brush at daybreak. I knew something was wrong when the neck was 3 foot long
Old 12-17-2004, 12:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

All I can say is that there's one in every crowd.

nubo
Old 12-17-2004, 12:10 PM

ORIGINAL: cardeer

I had a llama walk up to me this year in the brush at daybreak. I knew something was wrong when the neck was 3 foot long
cardeer, 3 of your posts in a row cracked me up. This one, the one about the guy shooting your deer as you were dragging it, and another I forget. Are you really just another bowhunter like the rest of us or are you Jeff Foxworthy under a secret alias?
Old 12-17-2004, 12:14 PM

Oh and as for the llama incident, that's more understandable than the guy I heard about who tried to register a farmer's donkey. Of course that's hearsay so we'll never know the truth. But think about it tho... a friggin donkey? and trying to register it? LOL LOL LOL
Old 12-17-2004, 12:45 PM

Kudos to the guy for admitting his mistake and having the balls to fess up. it would have been VERY easy to just walk away and nobody would know any better.
Old 12-17-2004, 01:38 PM

LLama = mutant deer with 3 foot long neck. Lol

The guy owned up...he should get fined....but not $10,000.00 and/or 9 month jail term. He could've just sneaked away.....

I feel bad for the llama and it's owners though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.