Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Did anyone.....

Old 12-16-2004, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Did anyone.....

Did anyone have any success using the standing esterus while bow hunting this year? I know it was $37.50 a bottle but I didn't hear any results from the users. If they were posted I missed them. Anyone have success that there is no doubt in your mind was attributable to the standing esterous?
Old 12-16-2004, 10:46 AM

Default RE: Did anyone.....

I won't part with 37.50$ a bottle. How big a bottle was it?

I got some rush creek and tried it. I was misting it out of a spray bottle. I didn't see anything durring my hunt but when I went to retrive my climber the following afternoon 3 deer had passed (tracks in the snow). They had walked all around under my stand and right upto my climber.

I think as will most scents, timing is of the essence.
Old 12-16-2004, 10:51 AM

I like how they had a "Get your order in quick on a VERY limited supply" line in the magazine ads and then I saw displays full of the crap at Gander Mountain.

I shouldn't call it crap because I never used it...........and at $38/bottle I never will either
Old 12-16-2004, 10:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

I like how they had a "Get your order in quick on a VERY limited supply" line in the magazine ads and then I saw displays full of the crap at Gander Mountain.
I noticed and thought the same thing Gander had to have had 50 bottles of it all stacked on one another in the display case.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:53 PM

I used some Hunziker's from Illinois. I had excellent results. I had two bucks follow my drag to my stand. Neither was big enough to shoot though. When the product arrived, it still had sweat on it from being bottled warm. I'll pay the $40 again next year for sure. I'll never buy any of the mass produced Walmart stuff again.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:57 PM
Typical Buck

We had a guy in camp in Illinois that used 3 bottles in 3 days. He did see good bucks every day and now swears by the stuff. At that price I just can't bring myself to getting any.
Old 12-16-2004, 01:20 PM

Just compare it to your other gear you buy or compare it to how much time you have invested. I feel it's a small price to pay for the results. It's almost like baiting, which you can't do in Illinois.
Old 12-16-2004, 04:55 PM

Big waste of my hard earned money. Tinks smoke sticks worked better. I am a big believer in getting what you pay for but not this time not in Ohio anyway
Old 12-16-2004, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used Code Blues Standing Estrous this past season. I am definatly not the type of hunter who tries every little "gadget" that enters the hunters market.

But this is real life, and this really happened. The day I put Code Blue down the first time... I HAD SEEN NEARLY 6 BUCKS THAT DAY... ALL LOOKING FOR DOES! The second time I used the remaining half of the bottle... 1 BUCK... SMALL. However, the following day produced several including a B&C MONSTER.

I am not convinced Code Blue had any help in my buck sightings... But I WILL TRY it again next season. Ask me then.

www.Hunt-blog.com
Old 12-16-2004, 05:04 PM

i use buck fever pre and post rutt it dose ok i think my freinds have use that 38 buck a bottle stuff but i never pay that much for it but they sad it works.but i say go cheap and find something you like

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.