Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How best to fight the anti's? >

How best to fight the anti's?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Old 12-13-2004, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default How best to fight the anti's?

With this new Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) and the Fund for Animals alliance I was just wondering everyone's thoughts since they are going after bowhunting first. I am a member of Wisconsin Bowhunters Assoc. and several other groups like DU. I know there are many groups out there but what are some that you belong too? Where do all of you think our money is best spent to help fight against these nut cases? I have talked to several people I work with and they think it doesn't matter because it will "NEVER HAPPEN". Well I feel if we don't do something it WILL happen somewhere. I know I don't want to be that state where these freeks get their first victory. DO YOU?
Old 12-13-2004, 08:41 PM

Default RE: How best to fight the anti's?

I used to be a member of the Humane Society![:'(]
Old 12-13-2004, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used to be a member of the Humane Society!
zak are you serious? lol
Old 12-13-2004, 09:16 PM

We never hardly hear about those groups here in arkansas. Seriously, i dont think it would be safe for those people here. Hunting is life here. I could see problems if they made it down here.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:39 PM

ORIGINAL: zak123

I used to be a member of the Humane Society![:'(]
In all seriousness, I am considering joining one of them in order to fight from within. Go to local meetings and be disagreeable and disruptive. Try to derail. Just think what we could do if we all joined these groups and voted down their initiatives.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really don't let the anti's get to me or put too much stock into their agenda.There has never been any legislation passed nationally against hunting or shooting sports and I don't believe it ever will.There have been local instances but alot of these have been reversed by the courts.Hunting and shooting sports generate billions of dollars and billions are being spent every year by hunters and outdoorsmen.Pennsylvania hunters alone spent 1.5 billion dollars last year!Do you think the state governments are going to give up that kind of revenue?Absolutely not.
Old 12-14-2004, 07:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

JimPic, that's what they thought in Ontario when the anti's successfully shut down spring bear hunts......don't close a blind eye to these organizations...they are well funded and have politicians in high places.....if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem...an old saying I know but everyone can do something.

And in our home state of PA, last spring when the was a legislation meeting about Sunday hunting, extending spring gobbler hours and the shooting of ferule cats only a handful of hunters showed up including a personal friend of mine really involved in the NWTF and he said antis showed up in buses.....that's sad. Needless to say, they may not have taken away anything from us as of yet, but you can bet they've stopped additional opportunities...

Everyone can visit National Shooting Sports Foundation, the NRA, NWTF, DU, Know Hunting by Dr. Dave Samuel and many other sites to get more involved.
Old 12-14-2004, 07:40 AM

Keep spending that cash and there won't be any problems.

The richest activist organization in the world can't touch 30 BILLION annually in revenue
Old 12-14-2004, 08:00 AM

In all seriousness, I am considering joining one of them in order to fight from within.
That is a heck of an idea, but If I did that, I might get arrested at the first meeting for assault and battery.
While I dont think these wackos have much of a chance at passing any legislation, I would certainly keep an eye on them.
Old 12-14-2004, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

JimPic, that's what they thought in Ontario when the anti's successfully shut down spring bear hunts......don't close a blind eye to these organizations...they are well funded and have politicians in high places.....if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem...an old saying I know but everyone can do something.
That is exactly what I am thinking Rob. If you think it won't happen to you that is when it will. Here in Dane county WI we had an anti get on the DNR board. We have spring meetings and only a few people would ever show up. Well when they had an open spot anti's came out in force. We were out numbered 3 to 1 and they voted in an anti to the Dane county board of the DNR. Granted it was just one person in about 150 state wide but they did it. Now the meetings are attended by hundereds of sportsmen not just 50. So I have also seen anti's succeed in their goals. We need to keep a very close eye on them and start fighting them NOW before they get any momentum. The cost to fight now to keep our rights is much less then it will be to try to get them back.

Quick Reply: How best to fight the anti's?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.