HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   unethical way of hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/82284-unethical-way-hunting.html)

DJBAD 12-11-2004 04:28 PM

unethical way of hunting

i need some help in this field.... i know of someone who i will never hunt with again that will shoot deer just to pull out the back straps and take the head... he will take his car and run them over just to stab them with an arrow and take the straps out sometimes while the animal is still alive... i can go on and on about this but i am curious on what to do???? he has got it to the point where his kid is thinking that it is cool to do that????

DJBAD 12-11-2004 04:30 PM

RE: unethical way of hunting

i forgot to add what should i do and how do i keep this quiet

nubo 12-11-2004 04:38 PM

I'm afraid that this guy need's to be turned in ,hopefully he's not your friend . At least if he was I wouldn't be hanging around him . Sooner or later he's gonna get caught . Someone will turn him in eventually.

nubo

smokyghost 12-11-2004 04:40 PM

Id quit hangimg with him hes gonna get ya in trouble and place an anomanous tip to the dnr... I bet hes the kind that will mount and tell everyone how he bowhunted hard to get this deer.. I know Thats why I hunt alone...

DJBAD 12-11-2004 04:46 PM

i dont hunt with him anymore nor will i ever i dont even talk to him either he has poached most of his deer and they are on the wall i just get pissed as i think about it.....and the people i know who hunt with him think he is the greatest.. along with what he does. i warned one person and he didnt believe me till he went this year with him and he now dont hunt with him he thought i didnt like him or was jelous of him

trophy hunter 12-11-2004 04:47 PM

id turn him in.. no sense in that b.s.
just think how cruel and painfully it is to the deer,and then wasting most of it.
id be helping him `get in trouble`

nubo 12-11-2004 04:52 PM

I'm sure if you really wanted you'd be able to find someone that would gladly help you get this guy caught ,it's guy's like this that spoil it for the rest of us ,if he's hunting on private land ,just maybe the farmer's might like to hear of this behaviour.but I agree this guy is trouble and you need to drop a hint to the DNR or get someone you know that will.

nubo

Mantis Mayer 12-11-2004 05:17 PM

When you find the opprotunity, turn the freek in! We don't want him playing on our team!;)

Paul L Mohr 12-11-2004 05:56 PM

I would have said it to his face. I don't care for people like that and really don't have any trouble telling them how I feel. If they can't take it maybe they shouldn't do it.

I don't know for sure if I would turn him in or not, but I would let him know I wasn't impressed.

They don't call me psycho smurf for nothin ya know;)

Paul

BGfisher 12-11-2004 06:05 PM

So turn him in. This is a no-brainer. Most DNR or Game commissions would keep your identity anonymous anyway. They aren't too worried about the ones he already has. The will take their time and catch this a$$-whole red handed.