HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   unethical way of hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/82284-unethical-way-hunting.html)

DJBAD 12-11-2004 04:28 PM

unethical way of hunting

i need some help in this field.... i know of someone who i will never hunt with again that will shoot deer just to pull out the back straps and take the head... he will take his car and run them over just to stab them with an arrow and take the straps out sometimes while the animal is still alive... i can go on and on about this but i am curious on what to do???? he has got it to the point where his kid is thinking that it is cool to do that????

DJBAD 12-11-2004 04:30 PM

RE: unethical way of hunting

i forgot to add what should i do and how do i keep this quiet

nubo 12-11-2004 04:38 PM

I'm afraid that this guy need's to be turned in ,hopefully he's not your friend . At least if he was I wouldn't be hanging around him . Sooner or later he's gonna get caught . Someone will turn him in eventually.

nubo

smokyghost 12-11-2004 04:40 PM

Id quit hangimg with him hes gonna get ya in trouble and place an anomanous tip to the dnr... I bet hes the kind that will mount and tell everyone how he bowhunted hard to get this deer.. I know Thats why I hunt alone...

DJBAD 12-11-2004 04:46 PM

i dont hunt with him anymore nor will i ever i dont even talk to him either he has poached most of his deer and they are on the wall i just get pissed as i think about it.....and the people i know who hunt with him think he is the greatest.. along with what he does. i warned one person and he didnt believe me till he went this year with him and he now dont hunt with him he thought i didnt like him or was jelous of him

trophy hunter 12-11-2004 04:47 PM

id turn him in.. no sense in that b.s.
just think how cruel and painfully it is to the deer,and then wasting most of it.
id be helping him `get in trouble`

nubo 12-11-2004 04:52 PM

I'm sure if you really wanted you'd be able to find someone that would gladly help you get this guy caught ,it's guy's like this that spoil it for the rest of us ,if he's hunting on private land ,just maybe the farmer's might like to hear of this behaviour.but I agree this guy is trouble and you need to drop a hint to the DNR or get someone you know that will.

nubo

Mantis Mayer 12-11-2004 05:17 PM

When you find the opprotunity, turn the freek in! We don't want him playing on our team!;)

Paul L Mohr 12-11-2004 05:56 PM

I would have said it to his face. I don't care for people like that and really don't have any trouble telling them how I feel. If they can't take it maybe they shouldn't do it.

I don't know for sure if I would turn him in or not, but I would let him know I wasn't impressed.

They don't call me psycho smurf for nothin ya know;)

Paul

BGfisher 12-11-2004 06:05 PM

So turn him in. This is a no-brainer. Most DNR or Game commissions would keep your identity anonymous anyway. They aren't too worried about the ones he already has. The will take their time and catch this a$$-whole red handed.

Deadsmple 12-11-2004 06:33 PM

turn him in! I don't see what you want to keep quiet. If i knew the guy i would turn him in and make sure he knew it was me that did it. We have to stop all this anonymous stuff. We have to be more willing to show our fellow hunters that we will not stand for such behaviour. If everyone into hunting showed they were not ashamed that they hunt and that they were ethical in all aspects of life we would not have as much bad press as we already do.JMO Turn him in!

Deadsmple

Jack Ryan 12-11-2004 10:46 PM

ORIGINAL: DJBAD

i need some help in this field.... i know of someone who i will never hunt with again that will shoot deer just to pull out the back straps and take the head... he will take his car and run them over just to stab them with an arrow and take the straps out sometimes while the animal is still alive... i can go on and on about this but i am curious on what to do???? he has got it to the point where his kid is thinking that it is cool to do that????
I'm having a little trouble swallowing this story whole.

It just doesn't add up. Hitting deer with a car on purpose is an expensive way of "hunting" and you can't just hit them a little and hurt them bad enough you can run up and stick an arrow in them. I've seen a few hit and even a doe is nothing I want to get close to while it is hurt and still alive let alone do it more than once.

Add in the "curious" dilema you have on what kind of action to take and it all starts to smell a little fishy to me.

I will admit the post total on your profile of 241 and nobody else questioning it is keeping me from being more "blunt" in expressing my opinion but I'm still a little skeptical.

cardeer 12-12-2004 01:11 AM

I still know some pagans. They would even find this disgusting to cut out backstraps when the deer are alive. they would kick the sense in to his pea brain.

DJBAD 12-12-2004 09:20 AM

jack what he does is pace the deer from behind and runs there back leg over to make them go down from there he keeps his truck over them.... there more then just me that knows he does that.. he has an 80 something branco... please be blunt i would like to hear what people have to say. i was not asking for you to believe me i was asking of opinions on what to do....and for when the deer was down he wouls stab it with an arrow.. now my question is why would i make something like this up. if u think its fishy so be it.... come out to me and i will take you out in the woods with him and you will hear the stories...i have no reason to make this stuff up i have no reason to and i have better things to do then make up a story. i have the proof.

Paul L Mohr 12-12-2004 09:32 AM

I didn't know he was doing crap like that, I probably would turn him in then. And if the DNR won't do anything try the Animal Cruelty route. Because what he is doing is illegal, inhumane and cruel. Even to other hunters.

It's A holes like this that give us all a bad name in the non hunting public. The more I think about it we should be making examples out of them and come forward everytime something like this happens and let the public know we don't agree with it or tolerate it.

He is most likely the guy that goes to work and brags about it too, because he thinks it's funny or cool.

Good luck,
Paul

extreme1 12-12-2004 09:36 AM

he will take his car and run them over just to stab them with an arrow and take the straps out sometimes while the animal is still alive
That comment really makes me sick.I sure would never want to hear someone doing that,especially if I was in their presence,no telling what would happen to that person.
I would definately make a call to the DNR and have them keep an eye on this sicko.This is the guy that needs to be put behind bars for doing sick things to animals,let alone the cruelty.How can anyone have a heart to do these things.Turn this a$$-hole in and make him fry--like the others said,he is ruining it for others
I think I said enough now-------I'm not feeling to good

atlasman 12-12-2004 09:47 AM

ORIGINAL: Jack Ryan

I'm having a little trouble swallowing this story whole.

It just doesn't add up. Hitting deer with a car on purpose is an expensive way of "hunting" and you can't just hit them a little and hurt them bad enough you can run up and stick an arrow in them. I've seen a few hit and even a doe is nothing I want to get close to while it is hurt and still alive let alone do it more than once.

Add in the "curious" dilema you have on what kind of action to take and it all starts to smell a little fishy to me.

I will admit the post total on your profile of 241 and nobody else questioning it is keeping me from being more "blunt" in expressing my opinion but I'm still a little skeptical.

Exactly what I thought when I read it. Now he added in that he runs the deer down from behind and pins them under the truck so he can cut them up while still alive??..........cmon man :eek: Getting a deer to run straight down a road would be tough enough then to just clip a back leg and pin it still alive under your truck would be even harder.........on top of all that anyone that has ever seen a deer that is down but not out knows that if you "stab" it with an arrow you better be ready for the ride of your life because they don't just sit there and take it without a fight.

I think someone is stretching the truth a little bit here...........did you witness this stuff with your own eyes or is this something you "heard" about.

If it is true go beat the piss out of him and then turn him in because he is not a hunter.

Deadsmple 12-12-2004 10:10 AM

Hey DJ,

are you a fisherman too. I am and this sure is starting to sound like a Dr. Seuss story.

Deadsmple

m.t.hands 12-12-2004 10:33 AM

Exactly what I thought when I read it. Now he added in that he runs the deer down from behind and pins them under the truck so he can cut them up while still alive??..........cmon man Getting a deer to run straight down a road would be tough enough then to just clip a back leg and pin it still alive under your truck would be even harder.
a game warden told me a story once that made me furious, he had detained 2 15 year-old boys for harrassing wildlife, the two were trying to run a doe down in a sage field with 4 wheelers, everytime they would get close the deer would dart off to one side or the other, when the deer hit the woods it was over, except for the part of the warden calling a couple of kids parents, what a couple of dum basses, djbad is it possible this guys just yanking your chain, running over a deer is not hard but running one down is near impossible from what this warden has told me, unless that deer slips it'll get away, btw i'm not saying your lying but the story has some holes in it

If it is true go beat the piss out of him and then turn him in because he is not a hunter.
if i did it i wouldn't worry about turning him in, as long as he didn't file charges;)

Jack Ryan 12-12-2004 02:27 PM

ORIGINAL: DJBAD

... i have the proof.
OK, if you say so. I guess it's so.

If it is so, there is no question what to do.

Turn him in. You have the proof.

I look forward to reading about his arrest.

Jack Ryan 12-12-2004 02:33 PM

ORIGINAL: atlasman
Excellant suggestion.

We should know soon enough.

If everything posted is true, he has proof, knows the guy and should be turning him in by the end of business hours tomorrow. Should be an arrest, I'd say at the latest by the end of the week.

I'd say by a week from today we should be seeing a link to the news story on an arrest.

Unless this is all just an urban legend cooked up by the anti's.

In any case if I don't see a link to an arrest by two weeks from now, I'm calling "bullsh1t" on this one.

Paul L Mohr 12-12-2004 03:31 PM

I don't think it would be as hard you think, especially at night. In my area they just stand there and look at you in the middle of the road sometimes. I have had to actually drive around them a few times. Some deer just don't care, and the headlights seem to fascinate them.

During the day, I don't see it happening.

It is getting to sound a bit odd though isn't it.

I have met guys that hunt deer with there vehicles though. An old beater truck will thump one pretty good if you can get close enough to it.

Paul

idahoelkinstructor 12-12-2004 06:03 PM

If you are a ethical hunter yourself and it is really happening then you should have turned him in all ready! If its true do what other have said and turn him in!

TOBY V 12-12-2004 08:20 PM

Ha Ha Ha. You cant believe all that crap can you ???????? Cutting them backstraps out when they are still alive. I hope you dont believe the old lady when she tells you she is out shopping everyday or better yet tanning.

muzzyman88 12-13-2004 06:41 AM

shoot him.

No, seriously, turn his ass in. I can't beleive how ignorant and cruel some people are. He is obviously not a hunter in any facet of my mind and should get exactly what he deserves.

The problem is, a lot of these guys once turned in, will do it again just for spite. The other problem is the DNR or game commissions. Seems to me, most of these guys would rather catch a guy not wearing an orange hat or something stupid like that instead of catching a poacher. Poachers require more work I guess.

adams 12-13-2004 06:45 AM

Call the DNR!

This type of behavior is completely 100% not acceptable. If you think of it punch him in the face for me![:@]

dkeener 12-13-2004 07:27 AM

I am curious - what kind of proof do you have?

DJBAD 12-13-2004 07:33 AM

the deer that he had cut the straps out of and i dont think the other guy is goin to say anything i already made the anonomys call to the dnr i am goin a step further though and telling the dnr officer who is in that area... for the area it happened there is only 1 dnr officer

Jluke04 12-13-2004 07:37 AM

Turn him in! I would turn in my own flesh and blood for that

dkeener 12-13-2004 07:44 AM

Good job - Let us know how this turns out. That SOB needs his nads nailed to the wall.

HuntingBry 12-13-2004 09:15 AM

i forgot to add what should i do and how do i keep this quiet
Everyone has stated what you should do and I'm glad to hear you have done it. Please let us know what happens with this.

A couple of questions though. First, why would you want to keep this quiet? Second, if you want to keep it quiet why the he11 would you post it on the internet?