Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Muzzy 100 experience this year... >

Muzzy 100 experience this year...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Muzzy 100 experience this year...

Old 12-10-2004, 02:54 PM

Default RE: Muzzy 100 experience this year...

Trust me, I used Thunderhead 125's for 2 years and in my own opinion they don't compare to the bone-busting power of Muzzy's. I personally don't know of any blades that can go thru the deer and dig into the ground, and come back perfectly sharp enough to use again.
I just had a pass through yesterday with a 125 (think it is a thunderhead but I'm not sure) and pulled the arrow from the ground about 20 yards beyond where I hit the deer. Blades are still very sharp and straight - can't even tell I used it. Maybe this is an anomaly though? I am currently experimenting with Muzzy 100's but haven't been in the woods with them.
Old 12-10-2004, 03:59 PM
Typical Buck

well ive been using the muzzy 100 3 blade and hadnt had any problems until this yr, but i think alot of that was on my part. I hit the front shoulder of a nice buck and it didnt bust threw. But all the other deer with the right shot placement clean kill. I use to use spitfires, I think its all on how ya place the shot.
Old 12-10-2004, 04:39 PM

I had a terrible time with a set of Muzzy 4 blade 90 grain heads 3 years ago......random flyers and the one shot I took the head was damaged badly after hitting nothing more then a small rotten tree root. I dug up around the arrow to be sure no rock was there.

Most everyone that uses Muzzy has nothing but good things to say about them so I guess my experience was just random bad luck.

Anyways I have been using Magnus heads ever since and they are so good it's amazing. My arrow passed through my buck this year and jammed in the ground at least 6 inches.......head looked like new when I pulled it out. Put in fresh blades and ready to go.
Old 12-10-2004, 05:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

3 blade Muzzy, 100 grain and love em'!
Old 12-10-2004, 06:42 PM

This year i shot a deer and used muzzy 100 grain and i had spined my the buck, The arrow went right threw the backbone and only the Blades were bent. I've shot a couple other deer with muzzy's and the do the job.
Old 12-10-2004, 07:19 PM

i used 3 blade 100gr muzzy on a big buck this year. he was 25yds and quartering away the arrow went through both lungs and then easily blew through the opposite side shoulder blade. one blade was bent a little but no big deal i retire my broadhead and arrow after each bow kill.. muzzy's are awsome
Old 12-10-2004, 10:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot a doe with muzzy 100's this year at 25 yds. I head the leg bone, punched through ti and then sliced through the heart and out right behind the other leg sticking 4" in the ground. I didn't really examine the blades cuz I threw them out but I think they were straight. No complaints here.
Old 12-10-2004, 10:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thats unusual, MUzzy 100's have been my go-to head and my family's also for years and we've yet to see someting like thatm always better than thunderheads IMO...
Old 12-10-2004, 11:48 PM

MUZZY 100 4 blades have been awesome for me. Don't practice and hunt with the same heads though.
Old 12-11-2004, 08:31 AM

i used the muzzy 100 4 blades this year passed right thru stuck in the ground about 5 inches but the best part was the deer ran for the car lol the blades looked clean after the shot did get a squirrel with the same blades passed thru and stuck in the tree the cutting diamiter on the muzzy seems small but nothing replaces a well placed shot

Quick Reply: Muzzy 100 experience this year...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.