Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who here strictly bowhunts? >

Who here strictly bowhunts?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who here strictly bowhunts?

Old 12-11-2004, 03:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Who here strictly bowhunts?

2 years now bow only. I still love guns but not sure if I will ever hunt with one again. Still much to learn bow hunting and enjoying every bit of it. Took 1 doe so far, missed an 8 point and 3 does and lost 1 doe. Have been very selective in shots, though, and have lost count on how many I've passed on. Not as proficient (sp?) as with a rifle, (NOT YET), but cannot measure how much more enjoyable and so glad I will be able to pass on to my kids.
Old 12-22-2004, 07:43 PM

i strickly bow hunt i have been doing it for 4 years now, i have never hunted deer with a gun. I just dont think it gives them a fair chance.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:29 PM

i have never hunted deer with a gun. I just dont think it gives them a fair chance.
My sentiments exactly.
Old 12-23-2004, 03:23 PM
Fork Horn

I do both gun and bow. If I had to give up one no doubt about it would be the gun. Gun season is here and then it's gone. Bow season here in Kansas started Oct. 1 and doesn't end till Jan. 31. Thats a lot of hunting time. Maybe some pepole only like to hunt just a couple weeks but i would rather hunt 3 months instead of just a couple weeks.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:28 PM

I hunt with my bow 99% of the time go out opening day with rifle
when i hunt with my father and grandfather.
But they also bow hunt but my grandfather is 82 now and anyhunting
i get with him will take wether its a bow or an ax or gun
Old 12-28-2004, 08:14 PM

Yep. I do. Not that I have any problem with any one smokin one with some really fast lead, but I killed my first deer with a bow last year, and now I even spring turkey hunt with a bow. It's tough, though....I just told myself it was with a bow or nothing at all. This leaves out, of course, small game....I do hunt squirrels and such with a bow, but not exclusively.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:55 AM

I bowhunt for deer, but shotgun for rabit, squirrel, pheasant, and duck.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:54 AM

strictly bowhunting for me. I have yet to take a turkey, missed two. A lot more challenging than shotgun. I get a deer every year with my bow, but those turkey are smarter than people give them credit for.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:58 AM
Typical Buck

I have been hunting deer for close to 20 years now and have never used anything but a bow. I live in NW Ohio and the stuff I see during slug law here is sickening. I don't want to be any part of it. I love the up close and personal challenge that the bow affords me. The thought of shooting a deer 100 yards away just doesn't get me pumped at all. BOW ONLY FOR ME!!
Old 01-02-2005, 08:37 AM

When I was younger I would shake all over when I shot a deer with a gun but the last several deer I shot with a gun I didn't get that it was only the end of the fun and the begining of the work.
A few years ago I started bowhunting, A couple of years later I killed a very small button buck I was shaking all over and laughing outloud, this year I took my rifle only one time when my oldest son was home for Thangiving.
I did kill a nice 8 point with my bow I was laughing so hard when I got home I could hardly tell my wife.

Quick Reply: Who here strictly bowhunts?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.