Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 wow its comin along (pics) >

wow its comin along (pics)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

wow its comin along (pics)

Old 12-04-2004, 01:13 PM

Default wow its comin along (pics)

Hey everyone i just wanted to say thanks for all the help on the pics. My site is really starting to come along www.xtremehunter.net and im hopeing yall can keep sending me the pics. Thanks
Old 12-06-2004, 12:34 PM

Default RE: wow its comin along (pics)

Hey..congrats on getting your site up.

Just a couple of thoughts. Check your spelling and grammar on the introduction. I dont want to nit pick with you but since it is your opening statement it should be correct.

"wedsite"...should be website

"in Receving everyones pictures of there success"..should be in receiving everyone's pictures of their success

Anyway just some feedback for ya.

Keep it up, seems like a cool site!
Old 12-06-2004, 01:37 PM

Class dismissed!

But really, those are good pionts and should be made.
Old 12-06-2004, 02:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

I personally think you should have a link to this website in your "Awesome Websites." If some of the great people here are helping with pictures, let your visitors know we exist.
Old 12-06-2004, 02:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Again, this is just another personal opinion. The resolution on your pictures are far to great for the number of pictures that have to load. I am on a very fast web connection and it still takes forever to load the page. Maybe makes those low res thumbnails that open up the better pictures?
Old 12-06-2004, 07:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

OK, if we're going to correct it, let's correct it. Here's the original as it now reads:

Hello to all, My name is Tyler and I would like to welcome you to my website. This web site is going to be top notch from weather all the way to the best new hunting pictures that come. I would just like to thank you for vistiting my site.

I am very interested in Receiving everyones pictures of their success

Here's how it should read, without changing any content whatsoever -- just correcting the grammatical mistakes. I'll explain following the corrected version why I did what I did.

Hello to all; my name is Tyler, and I would like to welcome you to my website. This website is going to be top-notch, from allowing you to check your local weather conditions all the way to featuring the best new hunting pictures that come my way. I would just like to thank you for visiting my site.

I am very interested in receiving everyone's pictures of his or her success.

Hello to all is a stand-alone phrase; therefore, it should be separated with a semicolon since it acts as an independent clause. Obviously, an independent clause will follow (independent clauses consist of a subject and a verb -- your basic "sentence"). Independent clauses must either stop with a period and begin anew with a capitalized letter or have a comma and a coordinating conjunction, or have a semicolon placed between them.

This website is ... If "website" is to be one word (it is) in the preceding sentence, we should follow this form in this sentence as well.

...is going to be to be top-notch This is called suspended hyphenation. Both "top" and "notch" modify "website," so these adjectives should be hyphenated. The fact the modifiers aren't exactly in front of the noun they correlate to makes them suspended.

...from allowing you to check your local weather conditions all the way to featuring the best new hunting pictures that come my way.
This "balances out" the sentence equation and finishes the author's thoughts.

Fixed spelling of "visiting."

Fixed improper capitalization of receiving.

"everyone's" is possessive.

Fixed subject-verb agreement error

There you go. Undergraduate degree in journalism with an emphasis in writing news-editorial content, master's in English with an emphasis in teaching rhetoric and composition. Four years professionally writing before teaching college English for three years at our local university.
Old 12-06-2004, 07:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am never writing a post to MQ1 ever again

I feel grammatically inferior[8D]

Way to go on your education and accomplishments, thats cool
Old 12-06-2004, 08:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks, buckeye... but you know what they say: All that and a dollar will get me a cup of coffee!
Old 12-15-2004, 03:23 PM

Pics Pics Pics , keep sending them and ill keep posting them
Old 12-15-2004, 05:36 PM

Hey gamehunter - I go to your website and can't figure out how to post photos to it. I am only able to get them to you from here. It's OK with me to do it this way if it's OK with you and the other post-ers, but you may be missing out on some because it is not clear how to send you photos.

Or I'm just not smart enough.

Quick Reply: wow its comin along (pics)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.