Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 View From my "Honey Hole" stand. >

View From my "Honey Hole" stand.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

View From my "Honey Hole" stand.

Old 12-04-2004, 11:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default View From my "Honey Hole" stand.

Well I finally made the purchase of a digital camera. While on stand today in my favorite stand that most of you long time members have read me write about, I took a couple pictures of what I stare at for hours. The stand is in a white pine tree that over looks an overgrown CRP field bordered by a cornfield. You can see in the distance in the first picture a rock quarry and in the background of the other picture is a recreation area that is also a perserve. I watch people jogging, walking their dogs etc. This stand has produced tremendously for me in the past on numerous whitetails and 2 coyotes. Once the ground freezes I'm going to develope a major food plot in the middle of the CRP field to hold and sustain the whitetails over the winter and keep them coming back. Just thought I'd share this little hot spot of mine.

Old 12-04-2004, 12:11 PM
Spike

Default RE: View From my "Honey Hole" stand.

Looks like a great spot....u see alot of movement from there?
Old 12-04-2004, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like a pretty good spot. How far is it to the edge of the field in the second field?
Old 12-04-2004, 02:16 PM

that looks like a nice spot. it looks like one of my spots too hunt at my friends farm open soybean field corn to left and junk yard hard wood ciders to back see alot of action there .
Old 12-04-2004, 03:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nice spot ,to bad the farmer dont leave just the edges with some crops for the winter
Old 12-04-2004, 03:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Aquakeeper, yes I see quite a bit of movement there. Especially a couple seasons back when just some of the corn was still standing during my archery season. I saw 7 different buck that morn and shot my best to date.

Dairy King, it's 25 yards to the edge of the corn field. When it's standing, the deer walk the edge or just inside the CRP field at my edge. It's a natural funnel area connecting two woodlots, one being thick for bedding.

kerr73, thanks

cardeer, I agree thusly why I'm going to plant several good food plots. The pine tree stands in a hedge row and I'm planting on both sides of it. Should help tremendously.
Old 12-04-2004, 04:10 PM
Typical Buck

Very nice looking area, I bet its really nice when the corn is up.
Old 12-04-2004, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cool pix, thanks for sharing. I always find it interesting to see what everyones hutin' areas look like from around the country. Gotta love that CRP! Heres a pic of one of my my CRP stands

Old 12-04-2004, 06:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Cool Rob, I've always wondered what your spot looked like from reading your descriptions, thanks for sharing.

This past october I finally took pics from my favorite tree also. I've been meaning to for years. I should post them too.
Old 12-04-2004, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like one of those stands from tv.

Quick Reply: View From my "Honey Hole" stand.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.