Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting partners? >

Hunting partners?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting partners?

Old 12-02-2004, 05:39 AM

Default Hunting partners?

Just curious.
Do most of you have a hunting partner?
How long have you hunted together?
Different people for different seasons or just one for all seasons?

I have been hunting with Larry, my hunting partner for 14 seasons. We hunt deer with bow and ML and also pheasant hunt together.
Larry is 69 years old now, I am 41.
It all started back in 91 when Larry,who had not hunted for years,ended up with a muzzleloader after a friend of his passed away.
I worked with his son(Chris) and he told Larry to get in touch with me about teaching him how to shoot it.
We went to the range and worked up an accurate load for his gun and I asked him if he planned on hunting the ML season that year?
He had no place to hunt and no one to hunt with,Chris hunts bow and shotgun. I invited him to hunt with me that season and here we are,14 seasons later. Best friends!
2 years ago I started taking a young guy(Jason) I met thru our sportbike riding group with us. He was tired of hunting public land and I have plenty of land to hunt.
Larry's son Chris also goes with us when his wife will let him out of the house( I'd kick her to the curb)
Larry and I talked about it and agreed I should start priming Jason to be my future main hunting partner for when Larry is too old to hunt. I'm going to keep Larry hunting as long as possible,even if I have to buy a quad!
The land we hunt most is set up really nice and I can drop Larry off within 100 yards of any stand we have set up or could set up. This keeps the amount of walking he has to do to a minimum.

Just wondering about the rest of you?
Old 12-02-2004, 08:03 AM

Default RE: Hunting partners?

My dad. Officially, thirty years and counting. I have a son now and it wouldn't be the same without either of them. Two very good friends also but the term hunting buddy applies to dad and Ryan, my son.

Greg
Old 12-02-2004, 08:39 AM

My dad is my hunting partner as well. I'm only 16, but I've been hunting and fishing with him since before I could walk. I was 4 or 6 months old when I went on my very first camping/fishing trip. We've been hunting and fishing partners nearly all of my life. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Old 12-02-2004, 09:12 AM

Just me for now. I'm new to the area and haven't met anyone with my passion for hunting. The landowners for the two properties I hunt allow only me so just as well I guess. It's not the same though. I find myself calling my buddy in Michigan to share my adventures.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:16 AM

I have a good friend from MI also and I miss him since he moved to AZ. We had so much fun hunting and fishing together.

Greg
Old 12-02-2004, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt mostly with my 2 bro's and my dad but I do have a buddy that I've known for 33 years that I hunt with sometimes, but usually it's me and my family like it has been for about 35 years.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

NO
Old 12-02-2004, 10:01 AM

I have hunting partners for one week of archery elk but other than that i prefer to go my own way. My partners had been bowhunting my land for 6 or 7 years and they seemed to be doing very well so i purchased a bow 2 years ago and joined them. They are a great group and we have just as much fun in camp as we do out in the field.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:03 AM

For bowhunting I'm solo about 90% of the time. the other 10 is mainly spent with my father and I was able to get together with NHBuck for a hunt this season. Bow hunting is more of a soliday thing but I like to invite others to hit the woods with me. It's nice to chat once we finnish huting for the afternoon.

When firearm hunting the only time I go out is with my father. If I'm heading to the woods alone I prefer to have a bow in my hand.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

When bowhunting I usually hunt alone ,but on the odd occasion I'll bring a friend .when I rifle hunt I have a couple close friend's that I hunt with.
I also hunt with 5 guy's every year on the moose hunt ,but I find the more guy's that you hunt with have thier own opinion's, so you need to have an open mind. I prefer to bowhunt alone most of the time .

nubo

Quick Reply: Hunting partners?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.