Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Incredible pics of moose hit by car >

Incredible pics of moose hit by car

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Incredible pics of moose hit by car

Old 12-02-2004, 04:53 AM

Default RE: Incredible pics of moose hit by car

Kind of reminds you of this:

That's the only pic I have of that accident.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

there is a pic in a local publication (NY Outdoors News) here that shows a trophy moos hanging from some power lines in Alaska. the power company was stringing and raising the lines when the moose got tangled. they reallized it fairly qickly and lowered the lines and the moose lived. However, they put it down shortly after feeling it might not survive and sedation and the meat would be ruined.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:17 AM

I saw that picute in Hawkeye. Any word on the drivers condition after the accident?
Old 12-02-2004, 07:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Holy smokes!!!!!!!![:-] I knew the would do some damage but, c'mon! The Durango is a mess to![:-]
Old 12-02-2004, 07:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

All these posts and not a single crack about it being a Chevy? I am disappointed.

Seriously though, I am glad to hear that the woman wasn't seriously hurt.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:18 AM

WOW[:-]
Old 12-02-2004, 12:02 PM

Man, I didn't look back to see who wrote the first reply, but I don't find anything funny or amuzing about that

Maybe I read it wrong, I don't want to start a debate, I am just assuming that it's one of those things that without HEARING you say it, it reads worse than it was meant...

Those people were lucky!

Just two short weeks ago, about 20 minutes from here, right up by where I hunt actually, a SEMI was driving a rural road and hit a whitetail, it went through the semi cab AND the actual semi, the guy was killed instantly. This is a prime example of why we NEED hunters! What's the animal right's folks have to say about these kinds of accidents? I mean, not only are the poor animals being mutilated, but so are people and their vehicles! It's not safe to just let the deer run without some form of population control...
Old 12-02-2004, 01:58 PM

That lady must've had quick reflexes...at least in ducking. She probably had to give up that moose....maybe to an Indian reserve or a "soup kitchen". At least in Quebec, we're not allowed to keep road kill.
Old 12-02-2004, 02:09 PM

I remember seeing those photos of that deer hitting the Durango. Apparently the deer jumped off an overpass and hit the jeep passing underneath. The driver was not hurt.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:14 PM

I always get paraoid around this time of year here in Wisconsin. Whenever I see deer pop out of nowhere I have an instintive to want to duck below the dash.

Quick Reply: Incredible pics of moose hit by car

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.