Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Your landowner tells you he's poaching... >

Your landowner tells you he's poaching...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Your landowner tells you he's poaching...

Old 12-01-2004, 04:06 PM

Default RE: Your landowner tells you he's poaching...

Ok IU am not sure about the laws in ILL. What exactly did he say he was going to be doing?
Old 12-01-2004, 04:17 PM

Poaching is poaching, and there are no excuses that should make you think otherwise. There is no way around the fact that he is breaking the law and facing possible jail time. If poaching was no big deal, why do law enforcement agencies go through so much trouble to catch these violators?
Old 12-01-2004, 04:41 PM

as far as witnessing and not committing a crime... when it comes to murder that is the rule, if you saw it but did nothing about it, it is considered murder as well!

As for turning him in, in reality, unless you see it, there is nothing you can do about it, nor is there anything the game warden can do either. It has to be witnessed, the rest is hearsay to be honest.

You are kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place, I would simply alert the game warden that there was the possibility of poaching going on in that area and they may want to keep their eyes open, you are not required to provide details surrounding the info you turn in. The only way they will be able to pick this guy off is to listen for a gunshot, then investigate any hunter that comes out of that area to make sure he has legal tags (I am assuming that he is considering harvesting deer without a tag and processing his own deer). Of course, make sure you have your tag ON YOU at all times you are out there, don't leave it in the truck and risk your hunting privelages. You don't even have to disclose the exact location, just inform the warden of the general area, that would be the prudent thing to do, especial with respect to all other ethical hunters.
Old 12-01-2004, 04:42 PM

Just Hunt !!! or find a new place to hunt he will get whats coming. Its not really not your job,im sure everybody has poached some way or thee other did your friends turn you in...No committs from you holyer than thou never do nuttin wrong people herrd it before

Good Luck
Old 12-01-2004, 04:46 PM

I fo rone have never poached, and for you to assume that all hunters have poached at one time or another leads me to believe that you are so dang guilty that you cant see straight.
What is it again that he is doing? Was he kidding? Describe poaching for your part of the country please.........
Old 12-01-2004, 04:49 PM

What ever, you ever use a cell phone in the woods or a radio,didnt tag your deer right ther in the field waited till you got back to the truck, anything like that is poaching..I dont poach cause i never get one...so there
Old 12-01-2004, 04:56 PM
Dominant Buck

You need to find yourself more then one spot to hunt. I wish you luck.

On the paching side of the house, I have witness or have known about the accidental kind screwing up and shooting a doe a day early, the blatent kind wrong weapon for the season and times when the game warden himself looks the otherway and allows it to happen.

My recommendations are for you to do the first step and find more then one spot. He'll get caught sooner or later.

Good luck.
Old 12-01-2004, 04:59 PM

Thats what im talking about FieldmouseGood call,not saying everybody,but the stupid things like you stated happens,and i see just fine...just not any DEER yet..
Old 12-01-2004, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

What ever, you ever use a cell phone in the woods or a radio
This is legal in WI. It states right in the regs that you CAN'T use it to get someone else to come tag you deer but other then that you CAN use them. So how is using a phone or radio poaching? I'll tell you I will never go in the woods with out one. Was I poaching when I used my radio to call my son to get me when I broke my leg?
Old 12-01-2004, 05:22 PM

im not gonna say what you should do bscofield you already know, deep down otherwise you wouldnt have posted this ???? but just incase you need it heres the il dnr site you may need

http://dnr.state.il.us/law3/poach.htm

hope it helps

Quick Reply: Your landowner tells you he's poaching...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.