Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 whats your season dates,state,bow?, how many tags etc! >

whats your season dates,state,bow?, how many tags etc!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

whats your season dates,state,bow?, how many tags etc!

Old 11-29-2004, 04:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default whats your season dates,state,bow?, how many tags etc!

im in ny,, luckily a bow only zone w/ unlimited tags actually i can shoot a hundred w/ the bow legally! but the season sucks, oct 15th to dec 12th w/ gun being nov 20ish to dec 8th or so! i read that ohio my neighbor bow season is oct 2 to jan 31, wow 4 months, that hepls us working people alot, i feel it should be open till you fill a tag! i quess you can only take one buck per person in ohio though, whats your info, thanks guys and good luck!
Old 11-29-2004, 04:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: whats your season dates,state,bow?, how many tags etc!

I'm in ND...bow season opens end of August or early September and goes into early January. We only get 1 bow tag though, and can shoot anything with it, buck or doe, muley or whitetail. The past few years there have been severaly thousand "extra" doe tags from our rifle season lottery. Those doe tags can be filled with a bow during the bow season. But we have to snatch the tags up before the gun hunters get to them. I wish we could buy more than one archery tag over the counter, especially since our season is so long.
Old 11-29-2004, 04:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

You have ohio right for the most part.

1 buck per year no matter the season or method of harvest.

You can take up to 3 deer in certain counties. Plus 4 more antlerless tags in designated "urban deer units".

Oct 2nd - Jan 31st.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

This year in Wi early bow from Sept 18 to Nov 18, Late season bow from Nov 29 to Jan 3. 1 buck for archery and as many Does you want to spend the $12 bucks on, in most units or until the units bonus tags sell out which is rare. I have used 3 bonus tags this year, 1 for Archery and 2 with the Gun!
Old 11-29-2004, 07:05 PM

Well we (Alabama) don't have the biggest deer, but we have a bunch of them.

One buck AND one doe per day - Oct 15 thru Jan 31 (bow only first month)

Believe it or not, every hunter in the state can kill like 230 deer per year - ridiculous ain't it...
Old 11-29-2004, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

Here in Nj you can begin early in the 1st week of september and go right through til january.
They hit you up with more permit and license fees than I think anywhere else, it seems every time the month changes they call it a different season to which you need another permit or license fee yanked out of your wallet.
it is earn a buck and only one buck.
So if you like to shoot doe... from sept to jan ... you sure can fill the freezer.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:09 PM
Typical Buck

In maryland the bow season starts sept. 17th and runs to jan 31st. were allowed 10 does and 2 bucks, rifle starts nov 27th and runs for 2 weeks were allowed 10 does and 2 bucks, muzzleloader runs after rifle and goes for 2 weeks were allowed 10 does and 2 bucks. In each catergory if you kill a buck first you have to bag 2 doe before the next buck. if you dont have either rifle or muzzleloader you can hunt with bow but have to wear orange but when rifle and muzzleloader isnt running you dont have to wear orange. we just recently picked up a 2 day late rifle season that runs in jan. and a early 2 day muzzleloader that runs in oct.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:13 PM

In Indiana bow season starts Oct 1 to Nov 28 then Dec 4 to Jan 2 and are allowed one Buck per season only. Doe depends on counties as to how many you are allowed to harvest.
Old 11-30-2004, 12:10 AM

Sask whitetail archery in my area opens end of august and runs into december i believe. We are allowed 2 either sex tags and one antlerless tag.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:37 AM

In my region of British Columbia, The East Kootenays, in the zones I hunt we are allowed One Mule deer (must be 4pts on one side) and one Whitetail (any buck), 2 bear, 1 Elk, 1 Bighorn sheep, 1 Cougar and 1 Turkey which can be taken by either Archery equipment or firearms. Moose, Goat and Grizzly are all on a draw basis. The season dates for here are as follows:

General Archery season

any bull elk, Mule deer buck 4pts or better on one side, any whitetail buck and bear Sept 1-9
Turkey Sept 1 - Sept 30

General hunting season (archery or firearms)

Bighorn Sheep (Full curl Ram) Sept 10-Oct 20
Elk (6pt one side or better) Sept 10- Oct 20
Cougar Nov 1- Feb/05
Mule Deer (4pt one side or better) Sept 10-Nov 15
Whitetail deer (any buck) Sept 10 - Nov 30
Black bear April 1 - June 30 and Sept 10- Nov 30

Late archery Season

Whitetail deer (any buck) Dec 1 - Dec 20 (Jan 1 in a very small zone, it is also either sex)

As the wife always complains... there is always something to hunt!

Quick Reply: whats your season dates,state,bow?, how many tags etc!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.