HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   What has been the highlight to your bowhunting thus far? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/80798-what-has-been-highlight-your-bowhunting-thus-far.html)

adams 11-30-2004 10:27 AM

RE: What has been the highlight to your bowhunting thus far?

I'd have to say without a doubt it's the people I've meet along the way. I've meet a lot of hunters but it seems I "click" with bow hunters better. We look and the woods and our quarry in a diffrent light. IMo we understand each other better.

As a rule I like all hunters but I like to comradardy and the willingness to help each other out that I find in bowhunters. It makes it all worth while.

btomlin 11-30-2004 02:22 PM

Killing this guy on the morning a very good friend of mine was headed back home to PA for his Chemo treatment. It was a very special moment to call him and tell him I had done it for him like I had promised him I would before he left to go home. The time we shared around that deer will make it always one of my favorites!!

zak123 11-30-2004 03:02 PM

My highlight has been all of my hunting trips. They are all awesome! If I had to pick one I would pick the one I just went on this weekend. I was able to track a deer while searching for a blood trail.

finner 11-30-2004 04:27 PM

The highlight of my bowhunting came in 2001 when i shot my biggest buck in late dec. it was a mainframe 8 with a small kicker...man i was i tickled to get that buck:). when i close my eyes and think back i can still see remember that hunt like it was yesterday!!

jerseyhunter 11-30-2004 04:41 PM

It had to be watching 3 does head right for my tree, then without warning plop down and bed at 45 yds. Watching them for 2 hours seemed like an eternity. Then they finally got up, changed directions and I nailed one at 38 yds. Two days later, same tree, same 2 does come by and I get one at 20 yds. Two days later same trail the remaining doe walks by and I let her keep going cause I would need her a few weeks later for permit Bow (earn a buck zone). Never did see her again.:)

Bird Hunt Dog 11-30-2004 06:19 PM

RE: What has been the highlight to your bow hunting thus far?

" />
A once in a lifetime Minnesota Moose!
" />
Or my first Pope & Young in 17 years of hunting!

I'm leaning too the Pope & Young. Ive been working on that for years! It's been a great year for me. It will be tough to top it!!

Fieldmouse 11-30-2004 06:24 PM

ORIGINAL: cardeer

Letting small deer walk
Amen to that cardeer. I loved every season for the amount of deer I have let walk.

My favorite thing is always spending my hunting time with my best friend. Fortunately his wife understands and lets him have extra time in the woods when I'm in town.:)

rybohunter 11-30-2004 06:42 PM

It's taken me a few days to think about this.
Proudest moment was my 1st
Turning point was when i let the 1st buck walk in order to shot a bigger one

Fieldmouse 11-30-2004 06:48 PM

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

It's taken me a few days to think about this.
Proudest moment was my 1st
Turning point was when i let the 1st buck walk in order to shot a bigger one
That's a lot of fun. I'm glad it has worked out for you.

KentuckyBuck 11-30-2004 07:13 PM

Shooting at my first deer when I was thirteen, even though it was a miss. Boy was I excited, and here 7 years later, I still get that way. Also this year when I heard the story of my 11 year-old cousin shooting his first deer, a spike, with his bow.